Our Independence Day - Getting Disfellowshipped Tonight!

by SweetBabyCheezits 106 Replies latest watchtower bible

• laverite
    laverite

Brotherdan, I could totally see you and Tim and his family really getting along and being great friends! Maybe even celebrating a birthday or two, without the constant worrying of a random beheading.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

You'd be invited too laverite! And you'd even get to bring a boyfriend and we wouldn't care! *gasp*

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

Tim,

I'm in no way pissing on your achievement. Good for you

I'm just curious why you require fanfare and applause for doing the right thing

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

Maybe it's encouragement and friendship.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Awe...someone did not get his own fanfare when he left. Or maybe someone pissed all over him when he left.

Darkside, you agree this is a cult. It is a HUGE deal when someone escapes. It's like escaping a death sentence. People, like me, that are not yet free of it get to live a bit vicariously through people like Tim.

So take your bitter anger elsewhere. Tim deserves more fanfare than we can give on this little board.

• laverite
    laverite

Brother Dan you are so awesome. I'd have to bring my kids, too. We could have family get togethers. Two straight families and a gay family! Imagine the gasps at the KH. LOL.

Dark Side - I don't think Tim is looking for or requires fanfare in any way. He's sharing his experience, and it's something that we are celebrating and supporting. Many of us became very emotionally invested in what was happening to Tim and his family. We want them to be happy and we're thrilled they made it out as a family. Tim and his family are an inspiration and I'm so glad he's shared their experiences. I think celebrating with fanfare and applause is wonderful.

Tim - I would love to see your wife join JWN. Would love to read her posts.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Did you ever see what Michael Moore did with the westboro baptist church (the one with Fred Phelps as the pastor)?

Should this be done at a KH one day?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABH_RFeeGAs

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

Darkside, you agree this is a cult.

Absolutely. I'll say this and then no more, so as not to rain on Tim's victory thread

It is a HUGE deal when someone escapes. It's like escaping a death sentence.

My guess is that most posters on this forum are not captives. Those that choose to stay "in" know the truth about JWs. Leaving is not an escape, because they've known the way out and have decided to remain "in", for reasons of their own. When they do leave, it's an option that they choose

People, like me, that are not yet free of it get to live a bit vicariously through people like Tim.

People, like you, choose to remain "in"

So take your bitter anger elsewhere. Tim deserves more fanfare than we can give on this little board.

I'm glad Tim is "out". Good for him

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I think that Dark Side may be the "apostate" version of MadJW....

• Mythbuster

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit