Why did God kill children?

by brotherdan 185 Replies latest watchtower bible

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

The atheists and bible deniers love to talk about how hateful and murderous God is. I suggest the following. I believe that the children that were killed in warfare by the Israelites were taken to heaven with God. Consider this: God knew that if the children of false worshipers and enemies of the Israellites were allowed to grow up, they would become adult idolaters and sinners, and they would eventually spread their influence more fully among the Israellites. Their sinful influence would have destroyed even MORE people in the long run, had they been allowed to live.

Murder is the UNLAWFUL killing of someone. God didn't break His own law. Instead of allowing them to grow up and become adult idolaters and sinner who would eventually die in their sins, He mercifully took them out of that evil future and brought them into heavenly paradise to reside with Him.

It's just my opinion. Take it or leave it. But I think it makes sense.

• bohm
    bohm

So why is it wrong for me to kill a child? By your logic, would the best thing you could do for your children, who will no doubt grow up to be sinners and feel much hardship, not be to kill them? I know you insert the word "unlawfull", i ask why it is "unlawfull"?

• Chalam
    Chalam

I think it makes sense not to start a post like this!

Blessings,

Stephen

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

interesting theory, I am a person of faith, what you seem to be doing is starting another religion ... relax brotherdan, you are still in a traumatic state

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    I believe that it was loving and merciful of God to allow some of these children to die.

Wow. That's all I have to say.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

It's a legitimate concern of many.

I sort of take offense with the comment of starting my own religion. I expressed an opinion about WHY children were included in divine judgement. I know it's bothered me at times too.

I guess it's a taboo for other believers here. I don't ever want ANYTHING to be too taboo for me to talk about.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Sorry brotherdan, no offense intended by the religion comment, you threw out a theory, it seems to be an answer that offers comfort instead of blaming God, others like the answer, pretty soon you got more believers, then a religion ... it was just a generalization on how sects can begin

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

brotherdan: The God in your explanation is still a Monster, IMHO.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    Murder is the UNLAWFUL killing of someone. God didn't break His own law.

No, he merely undermined his own law by devaluing human life to such an extent.

• james_woods
    james_woods

What about the flood?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit