Why did God kill children?

by brotherdan 185 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Chalam
    Chalam

brotherdan Stephen, I apologize for my post. I can now see that it was just a bait for all the angry atheists to post their rage and not use biblical reasoning to come to a conclusion.

I was looking for CHRISTIAN reasonings. Not atheistic reasoning based on faulty human thinking. Go ahead and quote that sentence, I won't respond.

No stress Dan, it's cool :)

One needs to put the "for Christians" caveat in the thread title on this board unless you want a barrage of hate mail.

I have found some topics are not up for discussion, certainly certainly not in the way we want to discuss them. I questioned my Heavenly Father for too long on a particular topic and the feeling I had was to lay the issue aside which I did. I do not expect my children to question my wisdom and judgement so why should I act any differently?

Isaiah 45:9-12 (New International Version)

9 "Woe to him who quarrels with his Maker,
    to him who is but a potsherd among the potsherds on the ground.
    Does the clay say to the potter,
    'What are you making?'
    Does your work say,
    'He has no hands'?

10 Woe to him who says to his father,
    'What have you begotten?'
    or to his mother,
    'What have you brought to birth?'

11 "This is what the LORD says—
    the Holy One of Israel, and its Maker:
    Concerning things to come,
    do you question me about my children,
    or give me orders about the work of my hands?

12 It is I who made the earth
    and created mankind upon it.
    My own hands stretched out the heavens;
    I marshaled their starry hosts.

At the end of the day God is love but He is also holy and just.

Let anyone who wants to argue to the nth degree over that statement take it up with Him at the appointed time.

Blessing in Christ,

Stephen

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    This thread has exposed some really sick people IMO. I'll leave it to you to decide who you are.

Well, I'm pretty sick but I'm no Yahweh.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    One needs to put the "for Christians" caveat in the thread title on this board unless you want a barrage of hate mail.

Come now, dear Stephen! Exposing your flawed arguments and giving you some shit about it hardly constitutes hate mail. See, here's a smiley:

I have found some topics are not up for discussion, certainly certainly not in the way we want to discuss them.

Oh you mean logically?

I questioned my Heavenly Father for too long on a particular topic and the feeling I had was to lay the issue aside which I did

This sounds oddly... familiar. Hmm. Was this feeling a, uh, pat on the shoulder accompanied with a "Wait on Jehovah, brother"? You'd make a fine JW.

Let anyone who wants to argue to the nth degree over that statement take it up with Him at the appointed time.

Yeah, nevermind reason, facts, or that pesky Occam's Razor mumbo jumbo. Just because an omni-everything character in a 2,000+ year old book is self-contradicting is no reason to raise questions about the accuracy or origin of the book itself. That's silly!

Stephen, are you still evading the question about your parents' religion? Actually, I think it speaks volumes that you continue to ignore the question.

• SweetBabyCheezits
  • Chalam
  • PSacramento
    PSacramento
    I'm sorry, I thought this part was understood. -> Holy books instruct the reader to do this and not do that, right?
    In that respect, people who take a literal view of the Koran obey it's rules. It controls them. Same goes for the Bible. For example, some folks don't question Yahweh's actions in the OT because the Bible tells them that pride comes before a fall. Ergo, it affects, influences, controls their thinking to some extent.

Posted speed limits TELL you the speed ( they do more than instruct) but it's up to YOU to follow them.

People that take a literal view of the b ible CHOOSE to do so, just as those of us that DON'T, choose to do that too.

When I mentioned that Pride goes before the fall, I was referring to MY PRIDE, my arrogance and thinking that I understood enough about God to judge him for NOT caring enough for the innocents of the world.

My pride blinded me to what I later understood as the truth about God's love, love that I could only begin to fathom when I had children and God used my understanding of THAT love to understand God love for us, even if it was an infinticimile understanding of it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit