Children of 1975

by d 278 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

debator, I cannot speak for you but I was there I lived through it and saw with my own eyes and ears how the RF JW's were mislead. There was no question that 1975 was a set date in the minds of the RF JW's at that time, which was drilled into our heads over and over again from the platform of the Kingdom halls and assemblies. I was only a young impressionable mind at the time and was brain washed by the older ones to think that I would not grow up in this system, that we were to put off higher education and to go into the full time ministry as the time was so short. We were told we had no time to fool around in this present system of things. Only because of myself have I got a good paying job and built up a pension to help me as I get older and live my life out in this present system. So many of my friends like myself who's young minds were easily bend to the Watchtowers propaganda took on this urgency at the time, putting their lives on hold . I know what I say here will not change the way you feel about the Watchtower but I am only telling it like it was to those ones that were too young to remember or that were born after 1975 of what really went on at that time. WP

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

I'm done. In a court of law with 12 impartial jurors the verdict would clearly go against our friend debator. It should surprise none of us that we cannot reach him because he is absolutely certain that he is right and nothing, neither evidence nor testimony however sincere, can reach him. Everything that contradicts what he believes is a lie or a clever deception or says something else entirely. We, not he, are apparently the blind ones. He is one of the truly faithful Jehovah's Witnesses who dares not allow the tiniest kernel of doubt to enter his mind. Absolute, total and blind faith, even in the emancipating light of truth and reason.

• designs
    designs

Debator-

Fred Franz holdover ideas from his Bible Student days centered on Septemillennialism, his contribution was to move the time frame forward. The key formula relies on the simple math of 6000 + 1000 = 7000, 6000 years from Adam to the beginning of the Millennium/Armageddon/Millennium.

As Franz put in the Truth Book- his choice of the Big Arrow pointing to 1975. He was our chief theologian and doctrine setter. He gave the Mea Culpa talk in Los Angeles.

Take your time in sorting it out.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Go split hairs with this one Debator:

Awake,5/22/69,pg15 If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things. .....all evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years. ....as a young person you will never fulfill any career that this system offers. If you are in high school and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career. But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on the way toward its finish, if not actually gone!

I was 22 in 1975, my teenage years were skewed by the stuff pouring out from Brooklyn.

Please do not insult me by stating yet again I misled myself.

• Little Imp
    Little Imp

Well said Heartofboy, my husband was 17 then, not allowed to even go to grammar school when he was 11 years old, stay on at school at 16 to get qualifications so he could go to uni.

He got a job then had to spend eight years attending college on day release (studying every night and weekend) just to get some qualifications otherwise who knows where he would be now. This meant he was able to attend fewer meetings than if had got qualified straight from school!

• debator
    debator

The watchtowers do not support your point that this was established doctrine only referencing the 6000 years from Adam and the usual "time of the end" urgency that is in every publication right upto today.

Like I said before we are not afraid to write up established doctrine (inc dates from chronology) They would have shouted it from the watchtowers like they do 1914.

All that has been established and what I have agreed with from the start is an over-enthusiasm of 1975 in the general populous of witnesses.

In the end your argument always fails at the lack of specific mention in watchtowers that 1975 = Armageddon. This whole forum is a awash with ex-JWs condemning us from our publications (going mad with editing wts from the cd rom). You know we have no fear of putting down dates or understandings 1914, or "generation" which recently has undergone a couple of changes in understanding. There is no earthly reason why we would not be specific about 1975 if that is what we wanted people to believe.

To get more converts? wouldn't it be silly do make a date which then fails to get converts who simply leave after the failure?

We simply haven't the history of being afraid of putting down beliefs we have drawn from the Bible.

• designs
    designs

Guys and gals- there you have it that smack look we saw it all to often in our time in jail....er the Kingdom Hall.

Take your time Debator, you'll have that aha moment, if not on this issue then some other.

Take care

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Reniaa/Debator...it was only non-specific info to those blinded by the govenring body's self-proclaimed power. They were quite direct in a few pubs.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    They don't deny it but neither do they take the blame for something all witnesses were guilty of at that time......Debator/Reniaa

Do you know what happens if you preach something the WBT$ does not agree with?..

The WBT$ will tell you to Shut Up or you will be DisfellowShipped..

The WBT$ has "ABSOLUTE" Control,on all WBT$ Information being dispensed..

Things were no different Pre -1975..

To try and make anyone believe..

JW`s preached "Armageddon by 1975" for over a decade,without WBT$ Blessing..

Is Absurd..

It could NEVER happen..

Ever!..

If you were a Real Jehovah`s Witness,instead of a " Pretend Jehovah`s Witness"..

You would Know that..

Get off your Lazy Ass and do the work Real Jehovah`s Witness`s have to do..

Go to Meetings regularly,go in the Field Service regularly,join the Ministry school..

Then you will know what it is,to be one of us..

You were Laughed at as Reniaa..

Now people are Laughing at you as Debator..

Changing your name did`nt help make you any smarter..

...................... ...OUTLAW

• Violia
    Violia

Debator

you are wasting your breath. Those of us who were there remember it and it does not matter how the wts tries to spin it now, they believed the end would come in 75. It was said at assemblies, conventions, at book studies, wt studies. We lived for 75. Toward the end of the year ( october) things started being said that maybe they could be wrong.
    Don't try and tell somone who was there and was an adult, not a child, what happened. I know what happened. The bethel folks from that era know what happened.

They were wrong, they told us the end would come in 75 and when it did not tried to blame us for believing it.

So keep on talking, but I was there and so were a lot of folks, so we know. The wts can rewrite history all they want, but there are plenty of us who were adults then and are not senile yet. We know what happened.

Most organizations ( recall vividly the world wide church of God doing this over doctrine)would just say, yes we were wrong and say they regret what they did and make amends where they could. Not the wts however, as they are run by lawyers not God's spirit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit