Children of 1975

by d 278 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

WHAT WAS THE ACTUAL IMPORTANCE of devoting so much publishing and preaching

activity to the "end of 6,000 years of human existence?"

I'll answer that Terry - to increase the circulation of the WTS. published works and to cull more

followers toward the grasp of the WTS. leaders invoking more power and control for themselves.

Thats not so hard now is it Debator ? a little bit of Truth does the soul some good.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Debator/Reniaa..

You answer everyone but me..My heart is broken..LOL!!!!..

It`s not easy to answer me is it?..LOL!!..

You Ignore the Fact..

Nothing happens in Watchtower World,without WBT$ Approval..

There is no Way JW`s would have been able to preach "Armageddon by 1975" without WBT$ Approval..

Suggesting the WBT$ "lost control" of Jehovah`s Witness`s for over a Decade,is Frigg`n Stupid..

No one escapes the Wrath of the WBT$,if your a Jehovah`s Witness..

The WBT$ system is set up,so every individual JW is accounted for..

It would be impossible for even a small group of Rouge JW`s to go against the WBT$..

So..Whats Left?..

Just you and a Ridiculous story..

About how the WBT$ "lost control" of Jehovah`s Witness`s for over a Decade..

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• Mary
    Mary
    Reniabator bleated: We preached then! we preach now! we preached for the last 2000 years that God's day will come!

You don't preach squat. You spend all your time here on an "apostate" website after you claimed you were going back full time to the Kingdumb Hell. What happened? Wouldn't they have you?

But if you are saying they preached Armageddon will happen in '75 then that is just hearsay! That being said I'm sure some did in their enthusiasm but as the quoted watchtowers show they had no publications to back it up as a definite Armageddon date they would have had to say "hopefully, maybe, probably"

Uh, no, they made specific talks that centered around that date. Don't believe me? Listen to this talk given by Brother Charles Sunutko in 1967. He specifically states that 1975 is the date the Society has given them for the Big A and that "the doors are going to be closed before 1975". He goes on to phrase the infamous: 'Stay Alive Til '75' slogan that every Witness over the age of 3 knew about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqN2XsVhL3Q

So before you open your mouth and insert your foot (yet again), maybe try doing a little research......

• Ding
    Ding

Unfortunately, Mary, the only word Debator will hear in that whole talk is "possibly."

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Religion makes a mockery of human intelligence doesn't it ?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    But if you are saying they preached Armageddon will happen in '75 then that is just hearsay!

The instructions were to not preach it..... But God help you if you didn't believe it.

"Stay alive til 75"

"Only 42 months to go brothers and sisters and we all know what that means!" was a typical opening statement for a CO's visit in NZ.

• Ding
    Ding

And now all it meant was "possibly"...

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Don't let he/she/it get to you Heartofaboy. Masterbater is only here to push buttons. Nothing more.

That makes it a troll.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

This morning as I got ready for work I was mulling over in my mind about Terry's experience of going to prison at the tender age of 20 because refusing miiltary service or alternative civilian service in 1967.

My eyes welled up as I contemplated the bravery of such a young man.

Thank you for sharing your experience Terry it was very moving.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

I was also thinking I know what happened 66 to 75 I lived it as many others on this forum did.

We know the truth of what happened & debator cannot take that way from us no matter how pedantic she/he becomes.

In hindsight I cannot believe the power we allowed the JW religion to have over us.

We didn't realise at the time how clever the organisation was in keeping a get out clause for themselves which would allow people like debator to come along 35 years later & rubbish all the sacrifice, effort & resources we gave to the WBTS of Jehovah's Witnesses.

The leaders of the Jehovah's Witnesses truly are reprehensible before God.

Hoaby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit