Children of 1975

by d 278 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Growing up we were told that the JW's never set dates i.e. 1914, 1918 and 1925. That these were lies spread by the "Evil Slave Class" and apostates. Like all good JW's we bought the company line but what I went first hand with 1975, I know now that the Watchtower is capable of telling lies and covering up after the fact.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Decided to ignore this have you Debator??

Awake,5/22/69,pg15

'If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things. .....all evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years. ....as a young person you will never fulfill any career that this system offers. If you are in high school and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career. But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on the way toward its finish, if not actually gone!'

Were you alive in 1975?

Were you even a JW in 1975??

Did you have any idea what was going on in WBTS during the years leading up to 1975???

C'mon don't ignore me again.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

I must admit this 1969 Awake quote must be a tough one for you Debator but hey c'mon at least have a try..................

Hoaby

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    Debator in http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/200580/1/Are-Atheists-open-minded-are-you
    I look deeply at all options available to me and made an informed choice based on knowledge and experience to become a Jehovah's witness. I have commited to that choice now but I can speak knowledgeably about the ones I rejected.

So there is your answer. JW kids are severely discouraged from looking at other options, so it is safe (unless she lied about looking at all options) to assume that Debator is not a born in, she was recruited.

Was she recruited before 1975? I doubt it.

Debator has huge incentive to deny evidence that the WT wasn't chosen by Jesus in 1919, because she chose to join the church. She tries to slag us off for our experiences as born in kids, but she forgets that our only choice was to remain with the cult of our birth, or leave and be treated like scum and badmouthed for that choice by the very people who tried to force the WT's ever changing doctrines on us.

BTW Debator, it is obvious to us that your 'informed choice' was made on the basis of faulty information fed to you by your study conductor. He lied to you, or hid from you, the WT's culpability over their 1975 debacle. If he had been honest with you before he convinced you that Jesus selected the WT to be God's mouthpiece, you wouldn't be here making a fool of yourself. If I was you, I would be having stern words with him.

Come and join us.

We are your friends. You just haven't worked that out yet.

Chris

• debator
    debator

Hi heartofaboy

why would you think that?

It does not mention 1975 it is simply quoting our stardard urgency line. I could find examples of this from every year since we started publishing Bible truths and I can also find examples from the bible itself too.

1 Corinthians 7:29
    What I mean, brothers, is that the time is short. From now on those who have wives should live as if they had none;

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Reniaa said:

Hi heartofaboy

why would you think that?

It does not mention 1975 it is simply quoting our stardard urgency line. I could find examples of this from every year since we started publishing Bible truths and I can also find examples from the bible itself too.

1 Corinthians 7:29
    What I mean, brothers, is that the time is short. From now on those who have wives should live as if they had none;

My reply: When did the Wt start publishing Bible truths?? They never have as far as I know. I know of their many false prophecies.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Oh dear, dear debator.............. let me try to explain.

Q. What year was the article written?

A. It was written in 1969

Q. What was the article telling young people?

A. 'you will never grow old in this present system of things'

Q. What was this 1969 Awake discouraging young people from doing?

A. If you are in high school and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career.

Q. Why was this Awake article discouraging their young readers from pursuing a college education?

A. 'But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on the way toward its finish, if not actually gone!'

Q What was the intention of this article published by the WBTS?

A. To lead to their young followers to the conclusion that four, six or even eight years further education was a waste of time because 'this system of things would at least be on its last legs,..............IF NOT ACTUALLY GONE!

Q. What does this Awake article published by the WBTS lead its readers to expect?

A. That this old system would be gone by at the latest 1977

I know, I know you can get me with your old chestnut............

'It does not mention 1975 it is simply quoting our stardard urgency line.'

But hey c'mon debator its pretty water tight don't ya think?

Hoaby

• designs
    designs

Zarco-

I remember Floyd Kite's talks. His sister and nephew left the Society over the 1975 issue. Floyd knew his culpability in their leaving.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

was there not a 1967 KM promoting this failed/false prophecy as well?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Or how about the publication that said that if Jesus really was lord of the sabbath, then the 6 milleniums of man's existance, ending Oct of 75, would have to be followed by a 7th millenium of rest? They hinged the truth of this false prophecy on Jesus claim.

Perhaps Blondie can post this?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit