Children of 1975

by d 278 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

We are the witness of that generation of what happened and how the society denied it. Believe me I was there and experianced it first hand so no matter what the GB of the Jehovah Witnesses tell you I and many more ex witnesses will tell you it did happen, so they can deny it all they want.

• debator
    debator

Hi black sheep

Yes I did comment on it black sheep. There is absolutely no mention of '75 in it. It is simply quoting the standard line of urgency. huh! I can show you one from last month that says similar words on urgency. Sacrifice for pioneering is a stardard line. I think a recent yearbook commended a couple for giving up life-commitments to become special pioneers were the "need is great".

• Little Imp
    Little Imp

One day Debator will be on this site apologizing as he/she will have reached the same conclusion as everyone else that the Org cannot keep lying to people and getting away with it.

Thank goodness Jehovah knows who's telling the truth.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

How many of those brothers are still existing on the proceeds of the sale of their homes, Debator?

• debator
    debator

Hi William

They don't deny it but neither do they take the blame for something all witnesses were guilty of at that time. The fact that amid all this overwhelming enthusiasm the publications still gave cautionary notes means they managed not to allow enthusiasm of men to rewrite doctrine.

• debator
    debator

Hi blacksheep

They may have bought new homes who knows? I'm not into speculation.

Paul and the apostles gave up their homes, I guess they got to enthusiastic too?

Sacrifice of Riches and comfortable living is a Christian norm from the early times.

Mark 10:28-30 (New International Version)

28 Peter said to him, "We have left everything to follow you!"

29 "I tell you the truth," Jesus replied, "no one who has left home or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or fields for me and the gospel 30 will fail to receive a hundred times as much in this present age (homes, brothers, sisters, mothers, children and fields—and with them, persecutions) and in the age to come, eternal life.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Is this a cautionary note?????

Reports are heard of brothers selling their homes and property and planning to finish out the rest of their days in this old system in the pioneer service. Certainly this is a fine way to spend the short time remaining before the wicked world’s end.

• debator
    debator

hi black sheep

by the same token is this?

" 29 "I tell you the truth," Jesus replied, "no one who has left home or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or fields for me "

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

What you are forgetting, Debator, is that you have to put up a defence that makes sense to your audience.

There is no point in only putting up a defence that makes sense to you.

Go back to the start of this thread and try reading your posts from the view of a lurking householder or weak in the faith JW.

If you think that is unlikely to happen....

....Google Watchtower 1975 and this thread currently comes up #9 on the first page.

Thank you very much our friend, Debator.

Your efforts are much appreciated.

Prost

Chris

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

They don't deny it but neither do they take the blame for something all witnesses were guilty of at that time

Whats this bullshit that all witnesses were guilty of ?

- The 6000 years from Adam came out of the mouths of the Faithful Discrete Slave ( Fred Franz and Nathan Knorr )

- they were the ones one concocted this date and feed it to the flock

I drew a conclusion myself that it was a concocted lie back in 1979 , which in part caused me in leaving, I wasn't going to

be a false prophet in my door to door work. A matter a fact there were many who did so as well.

When men proclaim that they are the sole FDSL on earth then propagate a lie such as 1975 was it was time to leave.

I wasn't going to have some men who run and operate a book publishing company taint and ruin my own spirituality.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit