Children of 1975

by d 278 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ancientofdays
    Ancientofdays

'75 was my sliding door.

Few years before (I think it was 1973, I was 7 years old) I did listen a boy in my school room talking about weird topics like Harmagheddon, distruction, "day like Noah' days" and New Order; he based his talks on books and magazine. We became friends and I was one of his best listener.

But I was disturbed, and confused. During strong rainstorms I used to say my mother it could be a flood like Noah's days, the End of the World from God. She start to be worried and investigated a bit on reasons of my emotional disorder.

But she investigated too much , indeed, because she was finally (and unfortunately) approached by the mother of the boy, a pioneer JW.

I remember a Sunday morning when we received the first visit in our house. Other visit follows. Then Bible study and so on ...
    The result was all my family captured by the sect, my mother was baptized just before 1975, and I wasted 3 decades of my life in Theocracy -land.

Good to say, my mother and all my family have left the JWs.
    I'm still a good friend of the boy classmate, and he's out too; not the same can be said about his mother, still JW.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Fact....

Debator hasn't commented on the contents of the May 1974 OKM

Take your medicine.

Grow a pair.

Comment on it.

• debator
    debator

Hi blacksheep

If it is one that simply says Armageddon is imminent then I could show you one from last month that says the same. I could show you one from every year the publications where published that say the same. Just posting ones saying this before 1975 is not "cause and effect" they were still saying it in 1976 amd 1977 and so on and so forth.

We live in the end times we know Armageddon is imminent.

• Little Imp
    Little Imp

Debator

All the talks and assemblies from around 1967 leading to 1975 all spoke of Armageddon coming in 1975.

Please just answer one question, if you are constantly told something by all the representatives of the Organisation week in week out would you go against them? Not many would as they would be too scared of getting DF.

Whether it is written or not, you must know people get DF for far less serious matters than this. There is one member of this site who was DF for not believing Christ came back invisibly in 1914. It is not written in any WT that if someone doesn't believe this they will get DF but that person still did.

Ask anyone in your congregation who was a witness in 1975 what really happened. If they say people got hyped up over nothing they are not being honest and it is up to them and their conscience to live with that. Jehovah knows the truth and all those that deny it are going against him and will just have to deal with the consequences. Just remember IT IS WRITTEN in the bible to beware of false prophets!!!

My in-laws are devout JWs and have been since 1961 but even they tell the truth over what really happened. I thought witnesses weren't supposed to tell lies!!!

It was written in their publications suggesting people give up their paid work to pioneer full-time, why would they suggest that if Armageddon was more than 35 years away? No-one would have the resources to live that long without income.

• Little Imp
    Little Imp

Imminent means "about to happen"

Therefore, if the Organisation asks the congregation to full-time pioneer they should reply "I will do so imminently" they cannot argue with that, you could keep this one going for years.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    If it is one that simply says Armageddon is imminent then I could show you one from last month that says the same.

It isn't.

Read it.

Comment on it.

• debator
    debator

Please repost it blacksheep.

Over-enthusiasm (i've already admitted this from the start) obviously with some talks by certain brothers at that time but the definite doctrinal connection was not made in the watchtowers or publications that these men drew their talks from. So they were clearly running ahead of the situation.

Publications and Witnesses alike admit to this enthusiam as a whole that we all suffered from like chinese whisper it swept through us. but unlike 1914 and definite doctrines we have drawn from the bible this was hope running ahead of itself.

• Ancientofdays
    Ancientofdays

Imminent in the real world is "about to happen", it's in connection with the time and space.
    (eg. if my PC has a message "Hard Drive detects imminent failure", I immediately backup my photo and music, I know with one more PC reboot I could loose all my data )

Imminent in JW world is an empty word, meaningless; with just purpose of exciting a frustrated crowd.

• Little Imp
    Little Imp
    Publications and Witnesses alike admit to this enthusiam as a whole that we all suffered from like chinese whisper it swept through us. but unlike
    1914 and definite doctrines we have drawn from the bible this was hope running ahead of itself.

This was not hope running ahead of itself, the RF witnesses would not have reacted in the way they did had it not been for those people on the platforms stating that it would happen in 1975. Where did they get the information? From the Organisation. Why did the Organisation give out false information?

If any other Organisation had behaved in this way they would have had to pick up the pieces, i.e. compensate those that lost thousands over their bad advice. You would have thought God's loving Organisation would have bent over backwards to help those now homeless some of whom had donated the sale proceeds of their house to the Organisation.

Those that did not pioneer full-time were considered weaker in their faith than those that decided to hang onto their jobs. Now those who did pioneer full-time are now considered the weaker ones.

How can they keep changing?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

You are not doing your case any favours by pretending you don't know what it says. It has already been quoted on this thread.

Comment on it.

Yes, since the summer of 1973 there have been new peaks in pioneers every month. Now there are 20,394 regular and special pioneers in the United States, an all-time peak. That is 5,190 more than there were in February 1973! A 34-percent increase! Does that not warm our hearts? Reports are heard of brothers selling their homes and property and planning to finish out the rest of their days in this old system in the pioneer service. Certainly this is a fine way to spend the short time remaining before the wicked world’s end.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit