*Grace* According to JW's. Your thoughts will be appreciated.

by Lily Pie 272 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• caliber
    caliber

designs ..... If I understood what you were saying I could answer your question . I have trouble with downside down and reverse thinking

• Ding
    Ding

Designs,

From reading your various posts, I think I understand that you don't like evangelicals or the Watchtower although you seem to agree with most of the biblical interpretations of the WTS.

Is there a post somewhere where you explain your views in detail?

• designs
    designs

So OUTLAW and Deputy Dog-

Why was Jesus in this story so stingy with the Grace thing, wouldn't a really nice guy have blessed them both, what's to lose. Kind of like our Mayor who likes to say 'I love you One and I love you All!'

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I`m not a Christian,Designs..

I`m interested in Debator/Reniaa`s answer to "Deputy Dog..

........................... ...OUTLAW

• Lily Pie
    Lily Pie

Wow . This thread has gone off the hook while I've been sleeping. I've got some reading to do.

Lily Pie

• designs
    designs

Lily, its a street brawl and we're havin' fun

• Lily Pie
    Lily Pie

Thanks everyone.

What I really think is a shame, is that JW's, according to many of you, see the *Grace* as practiced in Christendom, as a license to sin. That is not my experience.

This is my experience with JW's. Devout believers, who use thier admitted inability to be perfect, as an excuse for thier hypocrisy. (My Hubby ALWAYS talks about thier hypocrisy, he calls them (JW's) *two faced* - I think thats a generalisation, some are, and some arn't.)

(It's easy to look a hypocrite when you set the standard high, and focus on works over faith and love, and judge each other harshly... poor things)

You can't really argue (from real life experiences we all share) that there is more sin in a Protestant church, then there is in a JW church... So the doctrine of Grace, being inspired by love, can't really be viewed as a sin-creator. We all agree on this I think.

I have many internal conflicts with the doctrines of Jehovah's Witnesses. This one- The omitting of Grace, or thier inability to properly explain "undeserved kindness" in thier publications, and to thier congregations - Is the real traversty from a Christian perspective. If there is no Grace, why is there a Crucified Christ? It is whole point, according to Paul... I'm surprised practicing Jehovah's Witnesses havn't picked up on this in thier bible reading.... They read the bible frequently don't they?

I had hoped that this application of "unmerited favour" between mainstream Christianity and the Watchtower would mainly be in agreement, theologically at least. It has always been clear to me that they (JW's) don't really practice it. (Well maybe individual followers do? I don't want to make generalisations.)

• Ding
    Ding

If you haven't truly experienced grace it's hard to extend it to others.

The Watchtower "gospel" is works, works, works.

You're never sure if you've done enough to obtain Jehovah's approval.

They don't understand that Jehovah's approval is 100% a gift from Jesus, received 100% by faith.

• designs
    designs

Ding-

Whether I like a person who prescribes to the Evangelical/Fundamentalist views depends on whether they are a nice person, productive in their community, a good husband or wife, father or mother, honest etc. etc.. In other words things anyone of us should be. As for their beliefs and world views I have strong disagreements with them for the reasons I have posted on various threads. Oddly they are very much like my old JW religion with all the same claims and hubris of the FDS/GB. They are a dangerous Cult ultimately and intrinsically just like my old JW religion, even though persons can be nice and friendly its a trap that goes against rational science and progress and human dignity. I do not prescribe to my former Religion's beliefs. I am at the stage where I have the freedom and gifts of free thinking to explore and question and reformulate my philosophy and goals and not have a church system over me.

My philosphy, if it is such, is to be a good steward of this earth, I have returned to the environmental work and aspirations I had as a teenager before I got my life sucked away for to many decades by the Watchtower Society. I am a good husband, father, grandfather, uncle and cousin and loyal friend; my home is open to all as many know who have lived with us for extended periods of time. I give as generously as I can to many charities and causes- Food Banks, International Aid programs, Environmental programs, International Medical aid programs etc..

Take care

• Lily Pie
    Lily Pie

Designs : "My Philosphy is Kindness." or "My religion is Kindness."

I see this on keyrings sometimes - I like it...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit