Does The Name Really Matter?

by AGuest 189 Replies latest jw friends

• wasblind
    wasblind

NotVerylikely,

that Illustration you gave about the parent reacting to the child in need,

is on the money hope you don't mind if I use that in the future.

Outlaw,

I love it when people can still be civil to one another, and call each other

friends despite opinions, no matter how heated they can become at times

• journey-on
    journey-on
    "Even thought I taught you division and subtration wrong, you should still be able to do algebra."

Baaaad analogy. I wasn't trying to teach you anything. I was presenting a concept. You don't WANT to "see" it. You simply want to argue for the sake of arguing....(my opinion...I better put that in there lest you accuse me of being presumptuous).

Oh, BTW, just a slight pet peeve of mine, but please learn to spell It distracts me sometimes.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

WasBlind..

I would go crazy trying to make everyone believe the same as me..

I don`t even bother..

Shelby has some very different beliefs than many people..Including me..

If you not hurting anyone..or..Asking for anything..

I don`t see what the problem is..

If you waste your life,trying to run someone elses life..

The only person that loses is you..

...................... ...OUTLAW

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Baaaad analogy. I wasn't trying to teach you anything.

What? You WEREN'T trying to explain how to talk to the Jesus? An analogy is a teaching tool. If you weren't using to teach or explain something, then WTF were you using it for?

You simply want to argue for the sake of arguing....(my opinion...I better put that in there lest you accuse me of being presumptuous).

Hey, you were the one apparently spouting bad analogies with no clear purpose in mind. Don't blame me for that failure.

Oh, BTW, just a slight pet peeve of mine, but please learn to spell

Oh, I know how to spell just fine. I am typing on a laptop sitting in my lap while watching football. One of my pet peeves are people that make assumptions and then use bad analogies and get pissed off when their poor assumptions and analogies were pissed on. Work on that. It distracts me constantly having to give people a basic education.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Oh, and wasblind, feel free to use it.

• CandleLight
    CandleLight

He says come to me, and you will find refreshment for your souls. He came to free the captives, to teach the truth and to show us the love of his Father. Many times he has been called such simple things as 'the word' or 'The light'.

His identity is not tied up in a proper rendering or translation of a name, but instead by what qualities he posesses. It is his qualities that in fact identify him as the Son of God. No different than someone saying to a child, you look just like your father.

God is love. Jesus is the demonstration of that Love and his followers are identified by love.... their love for him and for others.

Seek him and he will allow himself to be found. Then you can know all you want to know about him.

Don't put limits on his power to call to you by believing there are 'special keys' you must have to reach him. Our Lord did not teach such things. What he wants is in your heart.

• freydo
    freydo

http://christthecreativeword.org/Messages/the_name_that_is_above_every_nam.htm

"Is our Savior a woman? Is he a Canaanite? Does he need to holler (halloo) for help? It is evident that shua does not mean savior in Hebrew. Shua and shuah are both Canaanite words and do not come from the Hebrew language. In order to find the true name of our Savior we should look up these three Hebrew words: save, savior, and salvation........."

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    Dearest OTWO... I bid you peace... which I am able to do only for this last time. I am no longer permitted to respond to you, but to let you dig yourself deeper and deeper into the "pit." I have sincerely asked for mercy for you... truly, I did. Literally. And you were shown such for a time. I can no longer plead to my Lord for you... for him to plead to the Father on your behalf (which I did because (1) I understand your bitterness and disillusionment, and (2) it is what I would want you to do for me). It is no longer permitted. So, now, I must leave you to him. So, please do not take too much offense when I no longer acknowledge you or your comments. They are not because I have anything against you, or that there is no response, but because I am not permitted to share any more "pearls" with you. It is now truly between you... and God.
    Peace.
    A slave of Christ,
    SA

What a crock of full unadulterated horseshit. Not to mention arrogance!

I suppose your special relationship with your silly god has resulted in such inane drivel. Your other Jesus 'told you so'?

Jeff

• AGuest
    AGuest

OK girl..You know I gotta ask you about this one..LOL!!

No problem, dear OUTLAW! Ask away... and the greatest of love and peace to you!

How many frigg`n Gods do you believe there are?..

There is only one True God, dear one, the Most Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies. However, there are MANY false gods... AND... all spirit beings are gods. Including Christ, the SON of God... who is a god.

If there is only True God,how can there be other Gods?..Your either God or your not..

A "god" is merely an immortal, dear one, a being that is not bound by mortality. Those who are called and chosen will also become "gods." Since there are myriads and myriads of spirit beings... there are myriads and myriads of gods. The Adversary, Satan, is a god; indeed, he is the god of this system... and the ruler of this world.

I hope that helps.

He says come to me, and you will find refreshment for your souls. He came to free the captives, to teach the truth and to show us the love of his Father. Many times he has been called such simple things as 'the word' or 'The light'.

Who, dear Candlelight? WHO says "come to me"? WHO came to free the captives... teach us truth... show us love? WHO has been called "the Word" and "the Light"? Of WHOM are you speaking? How will anyone KNOW of whom you are speaking?

His identity is not tied up in a proper rendering or translation of a name, but instead by what qualities he posesses.

Then why must the Jews say "Blessed is he that comes in the NAME of God?" Why did "he" say, "I have made your name KNOWN... to the men you gave me?"

It is his qualities that in fact identify him as the Son of God. No different than someone saying to a child, you look just like your father.

WHOSE qualities, dear one? Identify WHO as the Son of God? Paul? John? Zechariah? Adam? WHO?

God is love.

Indeed!

Jesus is the demonstration of that Love

I disagree... for there is no "Jesus" who is such demonstration. There is the Holy One of Israel, Jaheshua, however...

and his followers are identified by love.... their love for him and for others.

I would again disagree with you. The "followers" of "Jesus" have spent millenia identifying themselves as the OPPOSITE of love. Catholics claim to be followers of "Jesus." Yet, where was their "love" during the Inquisition? The Crusades? The Holocaust? The molestation of children? Mormons claim to be "followers" of "Jesus." Where is their "love" in their polygamy and rape of underage girls (under the guise of taking wives)? Jehovah's Witness claim to be "followers" of "Jesus." Where is their love with regard to YOU... and others who disagree with them?

Seek him and he will allow himself to be found. Then you can know all you want to know about him.

Seek WHO, dear one? Know all about WHO? "Jesus"? Really. Then why don't you... and others... know anything more... than what you read... in the Bible?

Don't put limits on his power to call to you by believing there are 'special keys' you must have to reach him.

I put no limits on our Lord's power, dear one; however, I DO know that when one DOES hear him... and ASKS... he identifies himself. (Acts 9:5) Indeed, because there are other spirits who may be heard, ALL of them identify themselves... when asked. And even HE asked what name spirits go by (Mark 5:9; Luke 8:30)

Our Lord did not teach such things.

Again, I must disagree with you, dear Candlelight... and I do so with utmost love and respect. While both of us can state here what our Lord may have said to us individually, when you say he "did not teach such things," I must assume you are referring to what is recorded in the Bible. If so, then I share the following with you:

"Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'"

"And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me."

"For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them."

"No one who does a miracle in my name can in the next moment say anything bad about me..."

"I tell you the truth, anyone who gives you a cup of water in my name because you belong to Christ will certainly not lose his reward."

"And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues..."

"But before all this, they will lay hands on you and persecute you. They will deliver you to synagogues and prisons, and you will be brought before kings and governors, and all on account of my name."

"And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father."

"You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it."

"But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you."

"You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit-fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name."

"They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the One who sent me."

"In that day you will no longer ask me anything. I tell you the truth, my Father will give you whatever you ask in my name."

"Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete."

"In that day you will ask in my name. I am not saying that I will ask the Father on your behalf."

"Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name -the name you gave me-so that they may be one as we are one. While I was with them, I protected them and kept them safe by that name you gave me."

And these don't even cover the ones spoken OF him... by others.

What he wants is in your heart.

What WHO wants, dear Candlelight? I know, dear one, that YOU feel uncomfortable uttering his true name (though, I would think that one of the BEST ways to SHOW love and respect for someone would be to call them by their name... their CORRECT name... the name HE calls himself by... but that's just me...). I beg you, however, please don't put that limitation on ME. I KNOW the name of the Most Holy One of Israel, who is the Holy Spirit and Son and Christ of the MOST Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies. His name is JAH e SHUA... and he is the chosen/anointed One... of JAH.

And I am now directed by that One, my Lord, to ask YOU... do YOU hear his voice... and, if so, why have you not openly professed it to those here who have demanded such profession from you (i.e., "those who claim to hear")? Who... and what... are YOU afraid of?

"Jesus"... is the [Way] to the "broad and spacious" road, dear Candlelight... and we know this because many... MANY... have "found" him. We, though, are to go through the NARROW gate... which only a FEW find. Our Lord, therefore, would NOT have a name known to any other than those to whom the Most Holy One of Israel MAKE it known. All others will reject that name... and reject US... because of it.

May you have ears to hear and get the sense of this truth.

Again, I bid you the greatest of love and peace!

YOUR servant, sister, and fellow slave of Christ,

SA (who wonders that we had to have this discussion here, for truly, it was not necessary)

• AGuest
    AGuest
    NotVerylikely, that Illustration you gave about the parent reacting to the child in need, is on the money hope you don't mind if I use that in the future.

It is not the parent who owes the child honor, dear WB (peace to you!). To the contrary, the command was that the child should honor the father... and mother. It was the only command that included a blessing. True, the parent is to LOVE the child; however, the parent is DUE honor... FIRST. That a child "needs" something may or may not be relevant... particularly if that child is hard-headed, hard-hearted, stiff-necked, disobedient, disrespectful... and reckless. In some parts of the world such a child would be exiled, cast out. In others, whipped and beaten. Even in the western world... such a child may be ignored, even emotionally abandoned... if not physically abandoned. Particularly... if that child was grown... even more so if that child had children of his/her own.

Which is the case with dear NVL. He is not a babe. He is a grown man who has wrecked his own life in more ways than one... and wishes to blame God. His tantrums won't work, however, with the Most Holy One of Israel. For that One HAS extended His arm... only to have it pushed back. Kicking at the goads of God and Christ, however, is folly. Mule-headed. It doesn't result in what the person is really crying out for, a relationship with God. To the contrary, it only makes such a relationship harder... on the one crying out.

As the the word of the Most Holy One of Israel TO such ones states:

"Do NOT become like a horse or mule, WITHOUT understanding, but which must be curbed with bit and bridle before it will come near to you."

Personally, I would prefer to approach freely... as opposed to being "handled". But that's me. Hopefully, dear NVL will SEE that he is angrily... and maliciously... kicking at the goads... and turn back. It seems highly unlikely, however, right now, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

Again, I bid you peace.

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit