Does The Name Really Matter?

by AGuest 189 Replies latest jw friends

• Chalam
    Chalam

Does The Name Really Matter?

There is only one name which really matters.

Acts 4:10-12 (New International Version)

10 then know this, you and all the people of Israel: It is by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified but whom God raised from the dead, that this man stands before you healed. 11 He is
    " 'the stone you builders rejected,
    which has become the capstone.' 12 Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved."

Romans 10:9-13 (New International Version)

9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. 11 As the Scripture says, "Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame." 12 For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, 13 for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."

John 20:31 (New International Version)

31 But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

Luke 24:46-47 (New International Version)

46 He told them, "This is what is written: The Christ will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, 47 and repentance and forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Acts 10:43 (New International Version)

43 All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name."

Acts 10:48 (New International Version)

48 So he ordered that they be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked Peter to stay with them for a few days.

Blessings,

Stephen

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest Candlelight... the greatest of love and peace to you! Of course you know that you certainly don't have to take MY word for anything at all. I am a bit surprised, however, that you believe me in error... particularly in light of what is written... which you still put some faith in. For example:

"For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the LORD, to serve him with one consent."

"I will also leave in the midst of thee an afflicted and poor people, and they shall trust in the name of the LORD."

"And I will strengthen them in the LORD; and they shall walk up and down in his name , saith the LORD."

"And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name , and I will hear them: I will say, It [is] my people: and they shall say, The LORD [is] my God."

There are, of course, many other scriptures and verses on this matter. There have also been many, indeed for millenia, who have decided (1) that we do NOT need to know the name of the Most Holy OR Holy One of Israel, and/or (2) such name(s) are "too sacred" to utter. I only posted what came to me on the subject... a question that came up in MY mind and heart... after another discussion on the matter. But I did not deviate from what those who belong to God through Christ should know... by means of the holy spirit that is in them, which spirit they supposedly received FROM the Holy Spirit. I am also to remind you that the instruction was to go "baptizing" in the "name" of the Father... and some say, the "name" of the Son, as well. How can one DO so, however, if one doesn't KNOW the name? Also, some include the "name" of the Holy Spirit. I would ask such ones, however, just what is the NAME... of that Spirit?

Dearest CD, peace to you, as well! I don't think it matters WHEN one hears the name; it is what ones DOES... when one hears it. You also heard, for example, the name "Jehovah" for years, yes? Yet, that is not the name of the Most Holy One of Israel. The scribes have written in the name that THEY call upon, that THEY wish to promote. But that does not make it CORRECT. The name I have shared with you... JAHESHUA... is not known only to me. By that particular SPELLING, yes. But MANY call upon "Yahshua," or "Yaheshua," or "Yeshua," or "Y'Shua." And thus far, all that I have known of... either personally, through others, through their websites, etc., profess to have heard the same voice.

Dear NVL... I bid you peace. Because of your comments as to the Most Holy One's "parenting" style with regard to YOU, I am directed to share only the following (which I am told you WILL reject, but to your own detriment. I am also told that because of your hard heart, you will advance from bad... to worse... because due to you false accusations against Him, the Most Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies... Himself... will harden your heart even further and you will find NO release until you do actually say "Blessed IS he, that comes in the name of JAH," which you WILL say... but not until after you have borne the weight of your false accusations):

"A son honoureth [his] father, and a servant his master: if then I [be] a father, where [is] mine honour? and if I [be] a master, where [is] my fear? saith the LORD of hosts unto you... that despise my name ."

Although even the nations hold His name in highr regard you, dear NVL, although claiming to be "Israel"... by flesh... continually dishonor the God of Abraham. So be it. Just as you deny that One HIS "house"... your own house will be denied to you for a great many years. It was NOT my wish to make this statement publicly - I would much rather have done it privately. But because you have once again falsely accused the Most Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies... publicly... because YOU have not learned to bridle YOUR "tongue" against HIM... then I am directed to share this with you... publicly. Again, you will reject it... for a time. A long time. But you can always feel free to PROVE ME WRONG at to this thing. I sincerely hope that you do.

Dearest OTWO... I bid you peace... which I am able to do only for this last time. I am no longer permitted to respond to you, but to let you dig yourself deeper and deeper into the "pit." I have sincerely asked for mercy for you... truly, I did. Literally. And you were shown such for a time. I can no longer plead to my Lord for you... for him to plead to the Father on your behalf (which I did because (1) I understand your bitterness and disillusionment, and (2) it is what I would want you to do for me). It is no longer permitted. So, now, I must leave you to him. So, please do not take too much offense when I no longer acknowledge you or your comments. They are not because I have anything against you, or that there is no response, but because I am not permitted to share any more "pearls" with you. It is now truly between you... and God.

Peace.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• journey-on
    journey-on

Does the name really matter? Well, when I need...indeed, desire... to get entry online to a vendor's wholesale information, I have to prove I am who I am. I have to show the company that I am worthy of "seeing" their highly sensitive information (industrial espionage and all ;-). I have to show my credentials and give them my company's NAME. Then on top of that, I have to have a PASSWORD.

So, from Shelby's vantage, it makes perfect sense because of who/what she is or has become.

OTWO, NVL, and others look at things from their vantage point which is "let Him come to me if he wants MY business. Otherwise, I don't need Him or really want Him. I'm fine as I am". This makes perfect sense to them because of who/what they are and have become. There is no criticism here. It is just what it is.

It simply means they have chose a path that doubts, belittles, or ignores what and/or who Christ is. They want Him to find them, come to them, entice them to embrace Him, work to convince them. It is a one-way street to them, and the onus (in their way of thinking) is on Christ. They base this on their "understanding" of what the "scriptures" say.

Perhaps, it would be wise to at least consider that it is a two-way connection. Perhaps "hearing" the voice of our Lord is only possible when the complete circuit is made. Maybe it requires "resonance" (for lack of a better word). When one's heart and mind are aligned with right intention and Love, you reach out and upward. You resonate with the Spirit who is always flowing and/or "hovering". When the vibration and frequency are the same (resonation), a complete circuit is formed and your will unites with His Will.

• sabastious
    sabastious

There can only be one First Cause.

A name, by definition, is to separate one entity from another.

The First Cause does not need to be defined, therefore it's name is not of much importance.

-Sab

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

There are, of course, many other scriptures and verses on this matter.

Of course, those don't matter since the Bible is error filled and there was no Jesus, according to you.

I am also told that because of your hard heart, you will advance from bad... to worse... because due to you false accusations against Him, the Most Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies... Himself... will harden your heart even further and you will find NO release until you do actually say "Blessed IS he, that comes in the name of JAH," which you WILL say... but not until after you have borne the weight of your false accusations):

Oh dear Shelby, you once again misunderstand what I wrote. I said "if" the Lord couldn't even act as a good of a parent as me, then he was a dick. As many here attest to, he clearly does bless them despite calling him Jesus. Once again, you claim something about me that is 100% wrong, that I accused the Lord of something.It's like me telling someone "If you do that, you will be acting stupid". It a conditional thing, not an accusation.

Thinking through on this, if the Lord is a shepard, when his sheep call out, they are bleating, they might not know, and even if they know, can't begin to vocalize his name.

So be it. Just as you deny that One HIS "house"... your own house will be denied to you for a great many years. It was NOT my wish to make this statement publicly - I would much rather have done it privately.

Oh look! A vague statement of doom that can be twisted to fit anything that happens in the normal course of a person's life. WTF is the Lord's house that I am denying him? I am powerful enough to deny the Lord something? In any event, since everything you have said about me that you claim to have heard from the lord (peace to you, dear Shelby) has been wrong, I'll play the numbers on this one. If your lord can tell you what brand of shirt I am wearing, then I'll put stock in it. Heck, even the color of my clothes.

Again, you will reject it... for a time. A long time. But you can always feel free to PROVE ME WRONG at to this thing. I sincerely hope that you do.

I have proven you wrong many times. It's not like it's hard or anything.

Dearest OTWO... I bid you peace... which I am able to do only for this last time. I am no longer permitted to respond to you, but to let you dig yourself deeper and deeper into the "pit."

OTOW, welcome to hell, hotshot. This is where the party is.

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

SA,

You are playing a foolish game here. Think about what you are doing and accomplishing. Is the Christ truly being honored by this thread or is your claim to exclusivity actually getting the most attention.

Not too good, SA.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Perhaps, it would be wise to at least consider that it is a two-way connection.

You do as shelby does and presume that, because of what I write NOW, that the present represents my entire past. Foolish error.

And your analogy fails on many levels. You have to prove who you are because the vendor does not know you. In addition, vendors WANT to sell you things. They do want your business. That's how they get paid. They don't make money by denying access to their customers. Also, Jesus already should know who we are.

• journey-on
    journey-on

NVL, if my analogy was lacking in some respects, you should still be able to "hear" the message. Methinks you just like to argue and nit-pick for the sheer fun of it. That's okay by me. I have nothing against you personally.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Good morning Shelby!..

Because there are there are MANY gods.

OK girl..You know I gotta ask you about this one..LOL!!

How many frigg`n Gods do you believe there are?..

If there is only True God,how can there be other Gods?..Your either God or your not..

And..

You have a PM..

For those of you that don`t know Me or Shelby..

We have been Friends for a Long Time..I don`t share her beliefs..

But..

We are Friends just the same..

....................... ...OUTLAW

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

NVL, if my analogy was lacking in some respects, you should still be able to "hear" the message. Methinks you just like to argue and nit-pick for the sheer fun of it. That's okay by me. I have nothing against you personally.

I like it. "Even thought I taught you division and subtration wrong, you should still be able to do algebra."

You may think what you like. I have nothing against anyone here personally.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit