Does The Name Really Matter?

by AGuest 189 Replies latest jw friends

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Please, dear NVL... do not blaspheme. Please.

Peace and greetings, Dear Shelby. I am not speaking against our Lord, I am simply relating what he is instructing me. He has further instructed me that you are not the judge of blaspemy and that this is exactly the hubris and self presumption he is begging to realize you are elevating yourself into. I am but a humble messenger.

Think about what you're saying... and doing, dear NVL. Unless you really mean YOUR "lord,"... which is not what you stated above...

Our Lord, Shelby. I mistyped. I have asked for forgiveness from our Lord in mistyping that part of our Lord's message and thank you for pointing it out.

We share the same Lord, my dearest Shelbym and while you are dear to him, he is telling that you, like the Pharisees, worship and love him, but that you have, in your heart and without realizing it, have elevated yourself above what he has told you, the you are delivering messages from your own voice and not his. All with good intention, but not with humility and love.

Actually, you're a liar (no offense; I am only stating the truth)... and a blasphemer. Why?? Why do you people DO it? Because you're mad at ME?? Is that really cause to blaspheme against the Holy Spirit? You wish to test me? Then test me. But why blaspheme against HIM??

Shelby, I have indeed lied in the past, you speak the truth. Indeed, our Lord instructs me to tell you that we are all liars to some degree. Truly, however, I am not lying about this. I have no anger towards you, indeed, anyone. This is not about ME, truly. Ultimately this is not about YOU, it is about the message our Lord wants to share with the world so that all may know His love and gain life, real life, from Him.

It is not blaspemy to deliver His message. Truly if I did not do it for Him then the stones would cry out His message.

Some of you really need to stop drinking. Because that [bad] 'spirit' is ultimately going to cost YOU... YOUR eternal spirit...

Shelby, truly I have not been drinking. Our Lord instructs me to tell you that you assumption, your ACCUSATION of strong drink, is exactly the presumptuouness, hubris, that He is cautioning you against. He is asking for your humility so that He may continue to use you as He has done in the past. His love for you knows no bounds, but He cannot allow these personal feelings you are expressing, these accusations, to taint His message.

I knew it (shaking head). Even before I read it. Dang, NVL... and I was starting to like you [again]...

Dear Shelby, it was just a little personal levity. I apologize, truly I thought you would recognize that. I apologize, I did not mean to stumble you.

Enough. It is enough. Our interchanges have gone too far. You think you're being funny, clever. You're being stupid. Very. And I no longer want any part of it.

Our Lord begs you to pray, to accept humility, to not judge. He will tell me when I have gone to far.

Your conscience will never be the same. You can pretend all you want... and post about how "happy" your life is. You probably should... for the little time of happiness you have left. Because you have no idea of the bitterness you will know later. Judas was not hung by God, NVL - he tried to hang himself. There was a reason why.

Truly, Shelby, this message did not come from our Lord. This message came from YOUR heart, He asks that you not be like Jonah after His Father forgave the Ninehvites. The anger you express towards me is hardening your ears towards the message from our Lord. Think of me what you will, truly it does not sadden or hurt me, I am but a lowly humble servant of our Lord. Even without our Lord telling me, I KNOW you are a good person, have a good heart. Just listen to our Lord and let go of this personal anger.

Peace unto you and all that go in your household.

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

Donuthole,

"Spiritual gifts are real but they are not for boasting or for self-promotion in some misguided, fleshly attempt to prove oneself to others. Jesus repeatedly refused to engage in such spectacle when the enemy and others tried to get him to prove himself. "

I agree.

The best and most important "gift" is the gift of love; Love for God, love for his Son, love for our fellow and love for our beautiful home, the earth. Love acts. It helps. It opens doors. It provides physical and spiritual food. It sacrifices. It lifts the injured and corrects the injurers. It glorifies God. It bows before the Son who is the image of the Father. Love promotes brotherly love among all and does not seek to lord itself over others.

I appreciated your post, thank you.

SA,

I wish you peace and beautiful days ahead in the ministry.

• tec
    tec

NVL - its only funny if the other person is laughing along with you, getting the joke. If not, then its making fun, and in a way that you must know is going to cause her real distress.

Are you friends with her or not?

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Tec, why do you think this is a joke? I assure you, I am not laughing at Shelby.

• tec
    tec

Tec, why do you think this is a joke? I assure you, I am not laughing at Shelby.

Something meaner than a joke then? Unless you don't consider teasing a joke, and you're teasing?

Tammy

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

notverylikely

Shelby, truly I have not been drinking.

You should try it - you might chill out a bit.

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

When is a friend not a friend........ when he is abusive.

peace to all even the mean ones

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Tammy, I am not doing anything mean. Our Lord is sincere as am I.

NL, I am not being abusive. Disagreements, even passionate ones, are not abusive.

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

I've been keeping this secret for a long time, but now I finally have to come out of the closet (no, NOT THAT CLOSET!) and reveal the real truth about GODD.

HE only speaks to me and only when I am alone and no one else is around.

HE reveals the secrets of life and the universe only to me - again when no one else is around.

GODD's true name is "ThrockMorton." Yes HIS name is spelled with a capital T and a capital M. HE told me that this is so that HIS holy name is separate from all those other gods. HE does not like to be confused with other gods. That's why when you refer to HIM, except for HIS divine name, all letters in any word referring to HIM must be capitalized. In HIS bible, all of HIS words are printed in chartreuse to set them apart from those of other gods, lords, angels and lowly humans.

HE has ordered me to reveal HIS divine truth to the world. Why me? Because I am a nobody and ThrockMorton uses nobody to spread HIS word. That may be why you have not heard about HIM in the past. HE told me to spread HIS word because everyone who does not worship HIM by buying my books, tapes, and DVDs will perish. You can see that this is true because people are dying every day and none of them have bought anything from me. Save yourselves by buying my books and tapes. Remember that this warning comes not from me - it comes from the great GODD ThrockMorton who speaks only through me.

HE warned me that very few of you non-believers would listen to me. HE is angry that HE has been ignored in the past by virtually everyone except Emperor Hudson and his disciple R. Landry. They have both gone on to their great reward. So HE has chosen me above all other humans and primates to spread HIS word. I speak The Truth(TM) of ThrockMorton. Soon, I will be joined by 1,444,000 specially chosen followers of ThrockMorton who will live forever (or 80 years, whichever comes first) that will rule mankind from someplace really special and very high up where you can all see us ruling you and telling you what to do through very large loudspeakers even if you are on the other side of the world.

I will soon be releasing my first book of the Great GODD ThrockMorton's Rules and Regulations. HIS Ten Commandments are:

1. Turn out the lights when you leave a room.

2. Do not blame your flatulence on the dog or your elderly mother.

3. Buy American.

4. Wash your hands after going to the bathroom.

5. Cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze.

6. Vote like your life depended on it - it does!

7. Read a good book.

8. Don't hit anyone or anything - except when playing baseball.

9. Reach out and help someone.

10. Don't believe in mythical beings with super powers and weird names (except for ThrockMorton, of course!).

And HIS 11th Commandment may be the most important:

11. Use your common sense and don't believe anything that clearly isn't logical.

• tec
    tec

Tammy, I am not doing anything mean.

Okay. I don't think you are a mean person, not intentionally, anyway. So what are you doing?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit