Does The Name Really Matter?

by AGuest 189 Replies latest jw friends

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear AGuest...

I am in the body of Christ...though YOU have denied that I belong to Him and am a part of that body.

on believeing doctrine of the Christ...the death buriel and resurrection of Jesus Christ is a doctrine to believe in...isn't it? if there is no way for me to deny the deity of Christ because of what I have read in the scriptures...the words of Jesus Christ...I think that it isn't too big of a step to accept a "formula" to share with others who might be asking. I've also tried to explain the trinity doctrine in my own words to explain my belief.

love michelle

• Inkie
    Inkie

You’re very welcome, Gladiator. Note, however, that because of what the French did to the letter “J,” whenever it is we see the name “Jehovah” we tend to pronounce it “Gee-hovah,” right? (And, in English, that is the correct pronunciation of that word.) However, it is not the correct spelling nor the correction pronunciation of God’s name, which you now know is properly “Jah” (or “Iah” both with a “Y” sound). Not to mention the usage of incorrect vowels inserted between the consonants of God’s name. That’s another treatise. (As is the history of the letters “v” and “w”—again, another bit of history to be learned.)

These days, we often see God’s name spelled as “Yah” or “Yahweh.” This is an attempt to retain the same pronunciation of the divine name by using the letter “Y,” which readers will find much easier and more rapidly able to pronounce than “Jah.” Modern readers without the knowledge of the history of the letter “J” will immediately go to pronouncing the name as “Gee-ah”—incorrectly so. Just note, however, that the letter “Y” does not have the same history as the letter “J.” How shall I say, it does not have the same lineage/genealogy, so to speak.

By way of example: the Hebrew letter “yodh” is like the patriarch (of the letter), the Greek “iota” is like the son of the patriarch, the Roman “I” is like the grandson of the patriarch, and the letter “J” is like the great-grandson of the patriarch letter—all having the same sound. There is a lineage, a genealogy going on here.

The letter “Y” while being in the “alphabet family” is really a distant, distant, distant, cousin of the letters, yodh, iota, I, and J, thrice removed, so to speak, while the letter “J” is a direct descendant of the Hebrew “yodh.”

So, because the name of the Son of God contains within it God’s name, it would be spelled Jaheshua.

Hope this helps.

--Inkie

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear AGuest...

I had to dash and pick up my boys from school so I wasn't able to finish what I wanted to say in my last post.

the "trinity" formula, I think ,was stated, not so that people would believe in that formula but because the Holy Spirit had witnessed this truth in the hearts and minds of believers and so it was stated as a means of explaining what was witnessed by the church.

I know that you AGuest have said that your lord is not part of a trinity and that your lord is a god...that "thought" causes division in my belief in one Lord, one Saviour, one King, one God.

do you believe that if the Holy Spirit has witnessed this truth in the hearts of believers, that these ones have been seduced by a lying spirit? that is what it seems to me that you are saying...please supply a yes or no answer as sometimes your "answers" get lost in your "wordy" replies.

love michelle

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear AGuest...

actually don't answer that question...because what you yourself have said on this matter has led me to believe that you have been doing exactly what you accuse me of doing...there is no need to compound the problem.

love michelle

• AGuest
    AGuest
    I am in the body of Christ...though YOU have denied that I belong to Him and am a part of that body.

If you were in the Body of Christ... you would NOT be touching an unclean thing. Because it is not until you STOP touching "the unclean thing," that you are even TAKEN in... as a son or daughter. Move away, Michelle. You follow a man, one who claims to be the "vicar" of Christ... who never named a vicar... or ANYONE in his place.

on believeing doctrine of the Christ...the death buriel and resurrection of Jesus Christ is a doctrine to believe in...isn't it?

The demons not only believe in the doctrine... they KNOW it. What is your point? Believing in a doctrine does not make one a member of the Body of Christ.

if there is no way for me to deny the deity of Christ because of what I have read in the scriptures...

The demons do not deny it, either. Nor does Satan. He merely challenged it. Move away.

the words of Jesus Christ...I think that it isn't too big of a step to accept a "formula" to share with others who might be asking.

His words also included that his sheep would follow HIM... not strangers... and listen to HIS voice... not that of strangers. They also included his name... and that of the Father's. And his was not "Jesus"... nor was the Father's "Jehovah." Move away.

I've also tried to explain the trinity doctrine in my own words to explain my belief.

And therein lies the problem: YOUR words... and YOUR belief. Not Christ's words... or his teaching. Move... away.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• Chalam
    Chalam

John 17:20-22 (New International Version)

Jesus Prays for All Believers
    20 "My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: Blessings and unity in Christ, Stephen
  • AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest Inkie... the greatest of love and peace to you!

The letter “Y” while being in the “alphabet family” is really a distant, distant, distant, cousin of the letters, yodh, iota, I, and J, thrice removed, so to speak, while the letter “J” is a direct descendant of the Hebrew “yodh.”

First, thank you VERY much for that information. It is accurate; however, I am directed by our Lord to clarify a couple/few things, even further, if you will permit me. I mean no offense, truly, and I am truly NOT trying to "correct" here, but clarify, if I may. Thank you! The word of my Lord to ME, is:

1. The "Y" SOUND... in Greek... is ALWAYS made with two symbols. Thus, either "iota omicron" or "iota alpha"... (which, makes theSOUND "ee ah"... or... "yah")... OR... "gamma iota" or "gamma epsilon" (which makes the "y" SOUND)... but NEVER "iota eta" or "iota epsilon". These latter two, together make the double "e"... or "ee ee" SOUND.

2. The "J" SOUND... in Greek... is made with the "theta" and "zeta" symbols... OR the "delta" and "zeta" symbols. Thus, in GREEK... "Jesus" would be HAVE to be spelled "theta (or delta) zeta eta sigma omicron epsilon sigma." The name is question, however, is spelled "Iota eta om

3. Thus, the SOUND of the Greek name "Ieosus"... if translated to ENGLISH... would be " eeeezahows " (the sigma can denote either the "s" OR the "z" sound, depending on the SYMBOL). Which is why two DIFFERENT symbols are used for "sigma" in the name "Iésous"... as it is modernly spelled - Γησους. Thus, the SOUND made by the σους .... is "zeh ous." Or "zeus."

4. Finally, you can not GET the name "Yahshua," "Y'shua", "Yeshua"... or even "Joshua"... in Greek... because there is no "sh" SOUND... in Greek.

Again, I don't know these things. I don't know or speak Greek... not at ALL... either modern OR ancient... other than what my Lord, the Holy One of Israel and Holy Spirit... is PERMITTING me to know and speak... by means of holy spirit... which some... including some who profess to be of the Body of Christ... deny! Even though being able to speak in [foreign] tongues...is a GIFT of that spirit!! They deny it, however, because they do not know... or possess... such spirit. Yet. May the Most Holy One of Israel GRANT them such spirit, however, through His Son, if indeed they are TRULY wishing it...

But I have not lied... nor denied from who I am receiving these things: I am receiving them from my Lord, the Holy One of Israel and Holy Spirit... JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH, who is the Son and Christ of the MOST Holy One of Israel, the God of Abraham and Isaac, JAH... of Armies.

Again, I bid you... and your entire household... peace!

YOUR servant, sister, and fellow slave of Christ,

SA

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

My lord told me you are all wrong and for the love of his name and meaning, read a goddamn wikipedia article every once in a while.

There is no goddamn J sound in Hebrew, anytime you are using it, you are wrong.

Jehovah, Jesus, and every greek or latin version is a transliteration. They are dead languages, no one knows EXACTLY how things were pronounced.

Get the fuck over.

EOM from the Lord.

• elderelite
    elderelite

Is there anything more ironic than a bunch of ex JW's arguing over dogmatic issues that cant be proven?

• Twitch
    Twitch

lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit