At what age should women stop wearing tight jeans!?

by journey-on 143 Replies latest social entertainment

• journey-on
    journey-on

Oh, boy, here we go again! I was truly trying (I guess not very well) to good-naturedly dig at you a little bit. You and I don't really know each other that well (cyberly speaking) so maybe we both misunderstood one another a bit. Sorry. Let's drop this sort of school yard banter.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

I don't believe I misunderstand you. I think if one is going to dish out the good natured digs, then one should be able to take them. At least, that's what I learned in the schoolyard.

Consider it dropped.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Is the issue the way the jeans look or that of a 60 year-old woman flaunting her sexuality? Is it an issue of body type or an issue of our country's issues with "old" people being sexually active?

• Violia
    Violia

JT, you just hit the nail on the head.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

I do think many in our society are uncomfortable with the fact that the elderly are often still very sexual creatures, and so are the disabled, and for that matter, ugly and fat people, also want to be touched and loved and admired also. It is a human need that we all share and I think our popular media and culture has turned us into incredibly shallow people. Just look at all the fuss over Jessica's Simpson's "mom" jeans or "Barack Obama's "mom" jeans? Jessica Simpson is an incredibly beautiful young woman and the press just eviscerated her for her jean choice and putting on a couple of pounds. Obama is a very attractive, very intelligent man and the leader of the most powerful country in the world and the same was done to him. What hope is there for the rest of us mere mortals?

I, for one, would like to see society as a whole learn to rise above such superficiality.

• Violia
    Violia

Karma will smile on you today, OL.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

I think when obesity gets to the level of that woman in the picture, it truly is a physical illness and possibly a mental illness involved. Making fun of such people is the equivalent of making fun of the disabled, imo. They deserve compassion, I think.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I`ve been Over Wieght..

I could`nt see my feet and my kids called me the Planet..

Simply because I had my own Weather System..

I see no point in being overly sensitive about wieght..

I would have missed out on a lot of funny lines..

Everyone around me had fun with it..

So did I..

.................................OUTLAW

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Actually, I'm fat too, and have a disability and make fun of myself all the time too, on both counts. I find it's a little safer than making fun of other people, especially since I can't run too fast.

• tec
    tec

I have family as large as the woman in that picture. There is no mental illness involved... its the same as everything else. It started out as a small problem, then one day turned into another, one pound turned into another, and once you reach that level it is almost impossible to return. If you could have seen step 100 from step 1, then you would never have taken step 2... Self-esteem and confidence do become an issue in failing at attempts to lose so much weight, though. You just sort of give up on yourself and on anyone who says they can help you. This is my impression, but it could be wrong.

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit