At what age should women stop wearing tight jeans!?

by journey-on 143 Replies latest social entertainment

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Cog..

Good for you!..

Everyone has some sort of problem in their lives..

It`s way more fun to laugh about it..

I lost the Weight..

Thank God there were other Problems that Popped up..

LOL!!..

.................................OUTLAW

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Tec: Perhaps mental illness was the wrong term. I think at some point, it can become an emotional illness or at least a huge emotional issue. No pun intended.

Or maybe, mental illness is the correct term. If I trace my own weight gain, it is very linked to physical illness and depression, as well as physical disability. So, to the extent that you might classify serious clinical depression as a mental illness, then it could be correct to say it is related. I'm not saying that as an excuse, only acknowledging the contributing factors, which are also genetic. I have had family almost that large too.

I do see many contributing factors though that are emotional/mental illness related. Abuse, depression, addiction issues, eating disorders, of which I consider gross obesity as much one as anorexia or bulimia.

I will have to work twice as hard and eat half as much as the average person to keep my weight down, I realize. Motivation to do so, when I'm ill or in physical pain and depressed is not high.

I was very slim and athletic when I was young. Life happens. I do agree with you about the gradual steps though and the vicious circle one can get caught in.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident
    Thank God there were other Problems that Popped up..

That did make me laugh out loud, Outlaw. There is alway something! Which is why I think it best to try and just enjoy life and enjoy other people, however we find them, old, young, fat, thin, sick, well, smart..., I confess I still have trouble with stupid. We can lose weight, fix our nose and teeth, learn to take care of ourselves, learn to lighten up, etc, but stupid...it just goes straight to the bone...

I need to work on that because, if you think about it, most stupid people probably can't really help it either.

• tec
    tec

Cog - you know, I agree with everything you said, especially is we're considering depression to be a mental illness.

Tammy

• Violia
    Violia

One of my extended family has a serious weight problem. It is a emotional problem in her case. .

I try to accept people as they are, I really do believe we get back what we give out. I think they call that... live and let live. Stupid is one thing, ignorance is another. That can be helped.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

I'm not even 100% sure I do consider depression as a mental illness, as it is so common nowadays. Sometimes I think it is just a normal part of human existence, the low that is the inevitable flip side of the highs.

After about 10 years of being sick and depressed, I realized that is not who I am and have learned not to define myself that way. Sometimes I'm sick, and sometimes I'm not. Sometimes, I'm sad and low, sometimes I'm not. Sometimes, I'm fat, sometimes I'm not. It's all just meaningless labels, in a way. Not incredibly useful to us in our life's journey, but can actually deter us from achieving what we want, if we buy into them.

Well, that's my thoughts, for what they're worth. I should probably apologize, once again, to all those I've offended on this thread. It seems to happen more and more lately. What can I say? Sometimes, I'm nice. Sometimes, I'm not!

• flipper
    flipper

I've seen a lot of women in their 50's , 60's or 70's who look great in jeans ! You are as young as you feel and should wear clothes that make you feel comfortable- no matter what people say

• White Dove
    White Dove

Cog,

You have a pattern of pissing on others' threads.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Cog

And you White Dove seem to have a habit of following me around to piss on me! Trying to stir up more drama by any chance?

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

It might be time to stop:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit