I Believe Full Disclosure Is Moving Forward

by metatron 73 Replies latest jw friends

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Logical Fallacy: Argumentum ad populum

In logic, an argumentum ad populum (Latin: "appeal to the people") is a fallacious argument that concludes a proposition to be true because many or all people believe it; it alleges: "If many believe so, it is so."
    This type of argument is known by several names, [1] including appeal to the masses, appeal to belief, appeal to the majority, appeal to the people, argument by consensus, authority of the many, and bandwagon fallacy, and in Latin by the names argumentum ad populum ("appeal to the people"), argumentum ad numerum ("appeal to the number"), and consensus gentium ("agreement of the clans"). It is also the basis of a number of social phenomena, including communal reinforcement and the bandwagon effect, the spreading of various religious beliefs, and of the Chinese proverb "three men make a tiger".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum

• metatron
    metatron

"ad populum" ? No, not really. Are you familiar with the Cometa report? How the French discreetly consulted their best military and scientific experts for a verdict? Or the attitude of India, based on military reports? Likewise the Chinese?

At some point, the US attitude becomes an absurdity. The reports about missiles shutting down and UFO interest in nuclear weapons comes from the people vetted to allow their hands on the nuclear "button" - or keys, if you want to be accurate. It's a similar situation with reports from law enforcement.

I can recall European officials being personally upset with silly skeptic dismissals about their tracking, photos and numerous eyewitness accounts about the Belgian Trangle. The same goes for officers involved in the Bentwaters incident, they evinced anger and frustration over the denials, as did Nick Pope, who was assigned by the MOD in Britain to investigate or debunk such sightings.

It is one thing to accept that eyewitness testimony can be flawed and quite another thing to reject all eyewitness testimony as false. This sort of pseudo- skepticism has now become so intense and extreme that a serious book of considerable length by a rifle expert claimed that JFK was shot by Secret Service agents in the motorcade! And that's not all! There is now a crazy, apparently serious theory that 9/11 was caused by a remote controlled , back engineered flying disc and not an airplane at all!

At some point, I hope reality prevails.... and I think that's where this is headed.

metatron

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

"The vast majority of people out there, however, are not familiar with the sky, and so when they see these things they can (understandably) freak out a little."

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/2010/10/03/its-a-ufo-by-jove/

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Full disclosure is in the Sumerian text that the bible came from. The aliens are the Annunaki from Nibiru.

Read Sitchin, Tillinger or Paul Von Ward.

Its not hidden its out there in the begining of our history.

• moshe
    moshe

Man will have a short reign as the top banana of this earth- maybe 50,000 more years before our civilization goes back to the pre-industrial age for most of humankind. This is just a blink of an eye, so what are the odds that an alien civilization and us, would be advanced enough at the same time to be able to communicate?

• Gregor
    Gregor

Man will have a short reign as the top banana of this earth- maybe 50,000 more years before our civilization goes back to the pre-industrial age for most of humankind. This is just a blink of an eye, so what are the odds that an alien civilization and us, would be advanced enough at the same time to be able to communicate ?

50k more years, eh? OK, Moshe, I've got a $1000.00 bucks says your full of it! Come on, put up or shut up. I'll hold the stakes.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

http://www.swapmeetdave.com/Humor/Cats/Aliens.jpg

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

I find it interesting the alien was wearing briefs. Do aliens cover their genitals like us because their ancestors told them the same shaming story of their creation, original fall from grace and sinful procreation? Or do they have another reason?

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Oh Cogie! Please tell us that you are NOT a nudist. That would be more full disclosure than we could handle...

V665

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Also, its hard to accept for the same reason, that stories about spirit beings are hard to accept. No evidence that we can all see except a few testimonials of those privileged enough to hear and see. Maybe the old guy was hallucinating from the cancer drugs or pain killers? That is also possible and a well-documented and researched side effect and hence more probable.

When there are two or more explanations for the same event, always go for the simplest and most probable explanation. Not as much fun as the conspiracy theories, but much more likely to be correct.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit