I Believe Full Disclosure Is Moving Forward

by metatron 73 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

All joking aside, here's the "sniff test" I use regarding alien visitations to earth - timing.

It took about 4 billion years for life to evolve here from primitive proteins to sentient beings who can wonder if there is sentient life elsewhere.

Along the way, there were numerous mass extinction events, occurring every few hundred million years or so.

If there had been one or 2 less, over the billions of years, maybe dinosaurs would still be ruling the planet and there'd be no sentient beings at all.

If there had been one or 2 more, over the billions of years, maybe man would have evolved 100 million years ago.

Or vice versa.

Assuming that life is possible on other worlds, and that sentient life could evolve (2 rather large suppositions), what are the odds that the timing of that other world's evolution closely matches our own?

I.e., assuming there are other civilizations out there, they are far more likely to be 10 million years behind us, or 100 million years ahead of us, etc.

If behind us, clearly they aren't traveling to visit us.

If that far ahead of us, why do they need shiny metal spaceships that closely resemble our own aircraft? Look at how far human have advanced in the past 200 years - what will human civilization be like 10 million years from now?

Also, when other civilizations reach the point we are at now, I'd have to think that the most common outcome would be total annihilation of themselves & their civilization thru some form of warfare. Do you really think we can avoid destroying ourselves and the planet in the next 100 or 200 years? If so, what are the odds that we don't do so in the next million years?

• Mythbuster
  • leavingwt
    leavingwt

Can we agree that if an ET arrived, the chances of it looking like a bipedal primate are next to zero?

• TheClarinetist
    TheClarinetist
    Assuming that life is possible on other worlds, and that sentient life could evolve (2 rather large suppositions), what are the odds that the timing of that other world's evolution closely matches our own?

The first supposition is probably more likely than most people give credit for just because of the number of planets and stars in the Universe... I think probably a bigger problem is that aliens, if they are visiting us currently, would most likely have to have left their home planet long before we would have evolved or, alternatively, have appeared to evolved (the second assuming they had developed faster than light travel)...

And the "life on mars" stories refer to organic compounds, not sentient complex life. If you have other, more recent sources (from the mainstream media), please give links.

EDIT: @leavingwt Of course... especially depending on how you define primate. As far as alternative alien possibilities, I'm slightly attached to the intelligent amorphous blob, myself... Uses tools by extending itself around the item... How would we talk to it, though?

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Crystal pods will be coming to pick up some of us.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

UFO`s have been making extra-ordinary news over the last 12 months..

Why?..

Are we being prepared for something?..

........................... ...OUTLAW

• journey-on
    journey-on

It's a diversion, OUTLAW. When mainstream media is blabbering on and on about something like this, start looking at other things going on elsewhere....something they don't want too much discussion about. The wool is about to be pulled over your eyes.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Are we being prepared for something?..

Obama is really an alien?

BTS

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Armaggedon and ET -- Just Around the Corner, As Near as the Door!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

It's a diversion, OUTLAW. When mainstream media is blabbering on and on about something like this,
    start looking at other things going on elsewhere......Journey-on

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/200122677-001.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=5047FA587DE1CADEAA2DA6C20FD207DD9912AFE4B8BB38F5118DE4A1471C1450B5AF9B7D601FECA8

........................... ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit