I didn't even know i WAS an apostate!

by GrandmaJones 71 Replies latest jw experiences

• cantleave
    cantleave

WELCOME!!!!

I thought I had been decieved a long time (42 years) before waking up. ....

Move at your own pace, tread carefully.

• Dold Agenda
    Dold Agenda

Gr.m.Jones..

Im from sweden.. and listen... you KNOW a lot more than the average JW does...know already..

Stay calm, do not rock the boat yet.

We here know exactly what you are feeling... but dont scream out as high as you ever want among your relatives, yet...

(independent from what country we have come from.. the cult is desame * :-( * )

Yoy know it is a cult.. what to do now? That is the question..

Culculate your steps from now..

Just a tip

(Tip from a man that listen a lot at this board and has done a fading from false christianity...)

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I am so relieved that you came back to read the posts, Grandma Jones! I was worried about you!

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Grandma Jones - Welcome to the forum. You will find kindness and support here from so many people who have suffered so much. I too thought 'apostates' were sent from Satan - turns out they've helped me so very much on the road to healing. I was an anointed sister and 'in' for nearly 30 years. I too went through the devastation when I started to research ....so I know how you're feeling. You will be ok just take it slowly and carefully as others have said.

I dont mean to pry but I feel you could be from the UK? If so and I can help further please let me know.

Loz x

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Grandma Jones you are an inspiration! Keep on doing your own thing. I'm sure most here were at one time afraid of the "apostate" label, or even to afraid to talk to an "apostate", for fear of contamination. The word apostate isn't even in the bible, it's just a bogeyman for the society to keep people in line. Once you realize this, you are free to think for your self. It's scary at first, but then it's liberating, no longer do you have to do things that don't feel right, say things that you don't belive in your heart. It will be a wonderful journey, the path to true spirituality.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

I bid you welcome GrandmaJones.

It's truly a shock to find out that the Org is not what it seems to be, isn't it? I admit that I left for more emotional reasons before I found out what was truly rotten in Denmark. It's all devastating nonetheless. I'm glad you are willing to heed the advice given here so far. I can't think of anything else I could add...

Besides mouthy(Grace), a couple of other grandmotherly types you may wish to chat with are Snoozy, RosePetal and Lady Lee. Awwwww, I might as well include my friend clarity as well. And despite the stories and rumours, you CAN trust a vampire. (tee hee) As you've seen, you'll find a lot of support here. Take care and watch your back...

V665

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Just wanted to express my respect for someone in their 60's or 70's who has spent their whole life immersed in the Watchtower to then have the HONESTY to admit and accept they were in bull shit the whole time.

Thank you and I wish you well.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Thanks for bumping this thread, Thomas Covenant, I had not seen it before.

Hello and WELCOME, Grandma Jones!! Big hugs to you.

Love,
    Baba.

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

This time on this board has made such a differnce for me. The information is revealing, the people are supportive, and the personal experiences are intensely moving. I am finding that I care so much for those here who are suffering with current trauma and drama, as well as those who are still dealing with the cruielty of the past. I am only sorry that I have been part of the ugly parts of this (now to me so obviously) perfectly crazy religion. Now when I hear my "brothers and sisters" talk, I am appalled at the self rightousness that I was a part of. I am quickly fading, and trying to bring out as many of those family members as possible. I have a good current excuse for not attending meetings due to personal health issues as well as a family emergency. I intend to suffer a major depression as a result. There will be no field service and little, if any, more meetings. We will see how it goes.

I am feeling better. I did stop feeling such panic as at first, and started just being. It feels good. I plan to continue to research information here and elsewhere. Someday perhaps I will be able to help others as they are helping me.

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Grandma Jones said

''I intend to suffer a major depression as a result''

I like it, lol.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit