I didn't even know i WAS an apostate!

by GrandmaJones 71 Replies latest jw experiences

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

I am currently just sick with grief. I can't believe this is happening to me. All the jokes I've made about me never "falling out of the truth" and self confidence about my spirituality. Gone. Born in the truth. Raised in the truth. I am a senior citizen, it's been well over six decades! EVERYONE in my family is a wittness. I suddenly realize that I have a gun to my head. I will lose everyone I love for four generations. I guess I have been apostate for many years, only I didn't know it, and apparently no one has thought to tell me. I am not alone. Many in my fleshly family hold similar views. I am not even secretive particularly. Everyone in the congregation must just think I am eccentric. It's been years since I believed everyone would die at Armaggeddon. I tell sisters all the time, "Oh that's just garbage that you need to stay with an abusive husband! Jehovah wouldn't want you to suffer. Think what a terrible example that would be for your children!" Someone recently challanged one of my viewpoints and I thought I would just look up some extra information to prove a point. It was then that I discovered that if I differ from our teaching, I am an apostate. No one has complained about me, but now, I don't know. All it will take is one, won't it? Suddenly, in the last few weeks, I've done an absolute fury of research, and I am now completely convinced that many (though not all) of what we teach is in error. Actually, it might better be said that my viewpoint is that "the organization" has overstepped itself in demanding obediance to it, rather than to God.

I am physically ill over this. I have no one to talk to. I can't go to the elders. (Half my sons are elders!) What am I going to do?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Welcome! We're very glad that you have joined us. I'm sorry that you're in such a difficult situation. Many of us can relate to some of it.

• sabastious
    sabastious

It sounds like you have helped others see the light while still working within their belief system. That is a feat and I commend you for it!

Don't go to the elders, you will just get more guilt. This is a great place, use it you will find relief and enlightenment.

-Sab

• littlebird
    littlebird

I say dont rock the boat just yet. You just had your whole world turned upside down. Give yourself a chance to absorb it, then you will be in a clearer mind to decide how you want to proceed.

Welcome!

• asilentone
    asilentone

Welcome to the board!

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

Thanks for the kind response. It is bring tears to my eyes just to acknowledge my situation. I am appreciative of the support. I am actually supposed to be at my meeting tonight, but I just couldn't go. I am too upset. I have been reading this site for about a week. I am no good at lying. I can't be around the congregation until I pull myself together a little.

• asilentone
    asilentone

Yes, I agree with Littlebird, take your time.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I am no good at lying. I can't be around the congregation until I pull myself together a little.

Is there anyone in your life currently that you could trust with your feelings? Possibly a non-witness?

-Sab

• asilentone
    asilentone

sab has a good suggestion, my suggestion is that you go to the apostafest section here on JWN and find someone in your area that you can confide in.

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

I thought of talking to my fleshly sister, but from reading the posts on this board, I am afraid to trust even her. She can be very emotional, so I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility that she both sympathize, and agree for t he most part, and then crumble and run to the elders.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit