I didn't even know i WAS an apostate!

by GrandmaJones 71 Replies latest jw experiences

• journey-on
    journey-on

Welcome aboard, G'ma Jones. Please don't despair. You're just in shock right now. If you've gone this long, stay patient. You said many in your fleshly family hold similar views. That should be one reason for encouragement. Just button up the open talk for awhile and find a comfortable flow for yourself. You will be fine if you take it a little at a time. It's hard by the yard, but a cinch by the inch.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Welcome!

I know well that feeling of panic that you're experiencing.

Just slow down a little, breathe in, breathe out.

Try to find someone whom you can trust, preferably a non-JW and talk about your feelings.

You'll be amazed at how much better you will feel.

Syl

• sabastious
    sabastious

GrandmaJones,

Speaking from experience it would be best to find a non-witness to confide in, I would suggest someone you know, but someone from JWN would suffice.

Witnesses can and will be over-emotional and might "turn you in" for apostasy because they genuninely think you are sick and getting you to the "spiritual doctors" will make you better.

It is a grave error on their part, so you gotta be careful.

That being said, do not think your life is over or had no meaning. All life is precious, and yours is no different.

You still have so much life to live and you wont believe how the air smells once you lift your head (and eventually exit) from the WT shoebox.

-Sab

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Don't do anything just yet, GrandmaJones.

Take some time.

There's no need to rush. It's a process.

We're happy you feel safe to share your feelings here.

Palm

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Go on vacation... Go down a waterslide or two!!! Think about it when you come back.

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

Okay, that's what I'll do. I'll just stop a little. I won't talk to anyone for a little bit. I think if I discussed this with anyone else, they might run to get me help, they would be so concerned. Shocked might be a better word. Good advice. Breathe.

I'll not post anymore tonight. I might need to save some of my 10 posts for tomorrow. Thanks. Much.

• garyneal
    garyneal

GrandmaJones,

Hope you find Gracy (Mouthy) on this board. I think she would be an excellent person for you to confide in but anyone here will do.

Just my 2 cents.

Welcome to the board.

• lil.lady.03
    lil.lady.03

hay grandmama jones I sent you a PM. Plz check your inbox when you get a chance.

• moshe
    moshe

Welcome to the forum, the destroyer of all that JWs hold dear. You need to begin to act confused, forgetful, even a little addled in the head. You might need a good cover story when the judicial commitee decides your fate. It wouldn't be kosher to disfellowship someone with signs of dementia.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Welcome to the board, where you will find lots of people who can empathize with your situation.

Grace (Mouthy) is the gramma of this board and might be a good peer for you to talk to, like Garyneal said:)

Unfortunately, Moshe is right. A few here have used depression and some signs of mental illness in order to throw off the elders.

It works, even if it is a little demeaning. Whatever works to throw them off is a good thing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit