by GrandmaJones 71 Replies latest jw experiences

• Chalam
    Chalam

Welcome scarredforlife!

Blessings,

Stephen

• scarredforlife
    scarredforlife

Thanks. But I'm not new. I'm the same as scarred for life. I'm on a different computer and I didn't have my password. I had to set up a new account.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Thought I recognised that name.

Anyhow, welcome again!

Blessings,

Stephen

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Welcome. Freeminds has a link on the right hand side of the page to people who are willing to help and I think they will either contact you in person or on the telephone. Or if you prefer, they will keep it online. Grace, who has been mentioned in this thread, is one of them.

• arimatthewdavies
    arimatthewdavies

dear brothers/sisters im a baptised anointed jehovah wittness not controlled by the w.b.t.s my relationship is first to jehovah ,jesus and the holy spirit, if you have been branded apostate, dont feed into it! if you love jehovah god and know it, if jesus is your lord and saviour, YOU ARE NOT AN APOSTATE! people help from jehovah is comeing to purify the presumtous wolves that are feeding on the sheeplike ones! jesus is sending a cleansing forth throughout the kingdom halls the wicked acts of future prediction and scripture manipulation will end real soon! meanwhile know this and have hope the anointed left on earth will be opening up and giveing clear holy spirit inspired ministry to those hurting, my job is to make it know that jehovah says stand firm tell others to stand firm and expect help! jehovah has heard the outcry !
    any one wanting to talk one on one ,can email me [email protected]
    also i need writers to post for jehovahs worship
    jehovahisgod.yuku.com this site will be ministered to by me i will give personal attention to anyone needing it we pray to jehovah in jesus name we post the inspiration of the holy spirit we obey jesus without fear!
    all praises to our lord and king!

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

>>I didn't even know i WAS an apostate!<<<

That's okay. I don't think they know they are idiots...

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA that was perfect

• simon17
    simon17

I think you're ok. If you're in your 60s and have been a loyal witness for your entire life, you can pretty much get away with anything. My grandpa is literally crazy... he'll say the most ridiculous stuff but people just love him and think that he's losing his mind (probably true). Just don't go out and intentionally start waves and no one is going to "come after you."

Your whole family is in. No need to have an exit strategy and seperate yourself from all of them at your age. Just casually play along. Say you're not feeling well and "listen in" to the meetings via phone. Just take it easy.... free your own mind but I'd say play out your life as a JW who is getting older. No need to turn your life upsidedown

• Heaven
    Heaven

LOL @ Lduh!

Welcome GrandmaJones! Now that you have awakened, take some time to truly think about things. Where do you wish to go from here? How do you wish to define your Spirituality? What is working for you and what is not?

I still ponder these questions as I move through my life. I think we have to revisit these continually, especially when things are no longer working the way we had hoped or planned.

I found Stephen Covey's 2 books 'The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People' and 'First Things First' helped me greatly. I refer to them often. There are other good books too, especially the ones that former JW's have written such as "Crisis of Conscience" by Ray Franz and "Captives of a Concept" by Don Cameron. Stephen Hassan's books on mind control, "Combatting Cult Mind Control" and "Releasing the Bonds", may help you as well.

There are a some helpful websites too. A couple I have found very helpful are: www.jwfacts.com and www.freeminds.org .

You have a lot of healing to go through so be good to yourself... breathe ... and take the time you need to sort things out for yourself.

Glad you had the courage to join us here.

• laverite
    laverite

As Simon 17 says, there may be no need to turn your life upside down. There are so many possibilities. Fake a "depression" and start "listening in" on meetings. Then just tune out and have some real fun! Read a good book, watch your favorite show, exercise...anything you enjoy doing. I do have to say it is rather fun to imagine a "depressed" friend "listening in" to the meeting as she reads Crisis of Conscience by Ray Franz.

Just think long and hard before you ever rock any boats. You are part of the conscious class now, and what has been seen cannot be unseen. Once you know the real truth about The Truthâ„¢ you are never the same. And that's ok. Just don't rock any boats right now.

Hugs,

-LV

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Hi Grandma! It is so amazing to me that someone can be "in" for so long and be able to finally see the truth about what is going on in the organization. That really impresses me! You may not feel like you have people to talk to, but there are ALOT of us on this board that are here for you. First off, I would like to say that you are NOT an apostate. That is a name that the organization throws on ANYONE that disagrees with them. A real apostate is one that turns their back on God PURPOSELY. It's not someone that disagrees with a man made organization directed by a few men in Brooklyn. So don't let the insult get you down.

I am not df'd and I still go to the meetings with my wife. She believes it whole heartedly. I am just hoping that she one day sees the things that I've been able to see about this organization. I have spoken with her about my major problems with the Watchtower society, and she has called me an apostate to my face. But I love God. I love the Bible. And I am NOT turning my back on Him!

But please remember that you are not alone. There ARE people in your hall that are feeling the same as you. Most just are not vocal about it because of fear. So when you hear things from the platform that you can't agree with, don't think that there is something wrong with you.

Also, I just wanted to clarify something for you. You don't get only 10 posts a day. You get 100!!! Even I have a hard time maxing that out, and I post more than I should!!!

Anyway, welcome to the board! Please know that we are ALL here for you!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit