New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures...

by Joliette 109 Replies latest watchtower bible

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Chalam, in Hebrew:

Holy= pure, clean, set aside

Spirit= breath, wind (invisible force. ALL force is ACTIVE)

• arimatthewdavies
    arimatthewdavies

the small a god in john 1/1 is the n.w.t. bigest fault if you took the name jehovah out of it nobody would complain about that bible anymore! thats the issue here everyone knows it! come on look at the good news for modern man translation! nobody complains about its acuracy! put the word jehovah in the bible and their is to much talk about wittnesses of jehovah for comfort! and the name jehovah just plain anoys the wicked!

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

doesn't annoy me Matt, and I'm one of the wicked.

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

arim- do real research:

Translators ADD caps and "a"s - since there ARE no "a"s in Greek, nor upper & lower case.

Compare translations for Ex 7:1 as well as John 1:1.

"making you god to pharaoh"

Some add caps, some add "a"s, some add BOTH to make it understandable!

• Chalam
    Chalam

theMadJW Chalam, in Hebrew:

Holy= pure, clean, set aside

Spirit= breath, wind (invisible force. ALL force is ACTIVE)

So you admit the words "active" and "force" are not in the Hebrew and the WT is indeed paraphrasing, not translating.

Clearly, the NWT fails the WT claim of being the "most accurate" translation by the second verse!

Blessings,

Stephen

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Neither is the word "Ghost", as in -snicker!- the 'Holy GHOST'!

By capturing the TRUE meaning of the Hebrew, as well as what the holy spirit REALLY is it is just more PROOF as to how accurate and honest it IS, Chalam.

Or are you one who worships a Nameless Ghost-God?

• Chalam
    Chalam

Neither is the word "Ghost", as in -snicker!- the 'Holy GHOST'!

Which translation are you reading? Another contender for the "most accurate"?

<< Genesis 1:2 >>
    New International Version (©1984)
    Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

New Living Translation (©2007)
    The earth was formless and empty, and darkness covered the deep waters. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the surface of the waters.

English Standard Version (©2001)
    The earth was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
    The earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters.

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
    The earth was formless and empty, and darkness covered the deep water. The Spirit of God was hovering over the water.

King James Bible
    And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness [was] upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

American King James Version
    And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved on the face of the waters.

American Standard Version
    And the earth was waste and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep: and the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Bible in Basic English
    And the earth was waste and without form; and it was dark on the face of the deep: and the Spirit of God was moving on the face of the waters.

Douay-Rheims Bible
    And the earth was void and empty, and darkness was upon the face of the deep; and the spirit of God moved over the waters.

Darby Bible Translation
    And the earth was waste and empty, and darkness was on the face of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

English Revised Version
    And the earth was waste and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep: and the spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Webster's Bible Translation
    And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep: and the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

World English Bible
    Now the earth was formless and empty. Darkness was on the surface of the deep. God's Spirit was hovering over the surface of the waters.

Young's Literal Translation
    the earth hath existed waste and void, and darkness is on the face of the deep, and the Spirit of God fluttering on the face of the waters,

By capturing the TRUE meaning of the Hebrew, as well as what the holy spirit REALLY is it is just more PROOF as to how accurate and honest it IS, Chalam.

So you agree, the NWT is not a translation i.e. capturing the meaning, not the exact words.

Or are you one who worships a Nameless Ghost-God?

No, I worship Jesus, My Lord and My God.

Blessings,

Stephen

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Ah, that explains it; thus the common translation (main customer being church-people) translate it to fit your dogma!

The holy spirit has been divided into sections, poured out, and fills true believers? (It's the POWER of God)

Are you filed up with your imaginary Ghost-God ? Have a piece of 'Him'?

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

MadJW, IF the name YHWH WAS used by 1st century Christians, how would this name be pronounced today? We DON'T KNOW WHAT VOWELS WERE USED. AND they almost certainly were not the ones we are using today.

If my name was James, and due to language rules it was written as JMS, and then someone came along and said, "His name is Jomas", could you say that my name is Jomas? Could you enforce the rule that the ONLY ones that TRUELY knew me were REQUIRED to use my name Jomas? Jomas was NOT my name. My name was James!!! I would be angry at those that insisted on using a fictitious name and enforcing that everyone call me by this name.

This is exactly what you and your organization has done. While admitting that the vowels are almost certainly NOT correct, you enforce the use of this fictitious name.

Jesus did not tell us to talk to "Jehovah". He told us to talk to and get to know our Father. And that is who I talk to. My Father. Not a mythical person, like you do.

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

You almost sound SERIOUS, Dan!

Too bad you're either illiterate, or haven't read your Bible-

Ex 3:14- And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said,Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.
    15- And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children
    of Israel,
    Jehovah,
    the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of
    Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you:
    this is my name FOREVER,
    and this is my memorial unto all generations.

Jesus said to HONOR that Name, not just the title "Father" .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit