What prayers does God answer?

by jwfacts 76 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• acolytes
    acolytes

jwfacts .. maybe a better question is " What prayers has god answerd?"

Acolytes

• cantleave
    cantleave

His hearing aid is broken and he can't hear them.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

God works through human consciousness. If enough people send their Love (the Light of the God Spirit within) to those starving across the world, the tide will eventually turn. From what I've learned, it's best to not be specific as to who or where it goes, but to just send it and let God distribute it where it is most needed.

But what is the underlying reason for it? Darkness and corruption amidst the corporate and political world. Shine your Light on THEM and their Empire of Greed crumbles, because people will eventually rise up against them. Dictatorships are collapsing one by one across the world. It's all part of the new energy.

• acolytes
    acolytes

Prodigal son...I respect your comments. But most peoples faith is shutterd when tragity strikes closer to home.

Your post seems to suggeset a personal relationship with god requires understanding that gods master plan is justified in allowing 2000 years of humun misery since his sons death.

Does that mean if iam patient about injustice in the world and see gods plan to readress the situation.,then god is answering my prayers?

It takes a better faith than mine to love the god you described . I envy you.

Acolytes

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

acolytes, I've had tragedy in my life and I know exactly what you mean. I couldn't come to love that God that I was taught was up in the sky and never knew why until recently. Here's what I have come to learn for myself, and this is my truth and may not be yours or anyone else's, but it works for me:

I no longer believe that the God in the Old Testament is the True God, the "Absolute". "He" would be both male and female and made of pure Love and Light. That is our Divine Essence. I've come to the conclusion that this God "Jehovah" is a lesser demiurge synonymous with "Satan". I see him as the "adversary" trying to prevent us from achieving our goals. I think the misery in this world goes much farther back than Jesus' death 2,000 years ago. It goes back to the Big Bang and the beginning of the Primordial Soup. This was not a perfect world that we messed up. It was a mess that we were supposed to fix. The Bible LIED. Jesus came to tell us about the True God and expose the God of Israel, and I know this from the underlying message in the New Testament and from the Gnostic Gospels that were discovered in Nag Hammadi in 1945. Anything the Catholic Church tries so hard to destroy is probably for our benefit.

So once again, I don't believe that the God who supplied the material for this world is the same one who formed it into our present reality. Anything in our world that resonates with LOVE is from the Divine source, while anything lesser is from the adversary, and we are caught up in the middle of this raging battle. At the end of the long road are all the wonderful promises of the Bible becoming reality. I believe he put his spark into mankind to make it evolve into a "paradise" free of pain and suffering. It's a very long and slow process. We all choose to come here and try to turn the tide from wickedness to love, God doesn't force us. The key is to remember why we are here while we can still do something about it.

• acolytes
    acolytes

Prodigal Son ..your reply resonates with love... It was also a little deep. I will read it in depth tonight,so thanks for tonights read

Acolytes

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

Why won't god heal amputees: http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/

prayers are pretty much like homeopathy. some swear it helps, but it wouldn't really make any difference.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit