What prayers does God answer?

by jwfacts 76 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

juci32, that would be a good question to ask him. However, a JW can find a justification for any question that you ask. In your husbands case, if he wants to believe, him may respond that we should not question Jehovah and it is probably a test. Or maybe Jehovah is building his character.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

From my memories of what was taught by the Jw's. The only prayers god really answers is the one for him to give you strength to endure whatever comes your way..and that's it!

Oh yeah, and spiritual strength.

Snoozy..

• smiddy
    smiddy

from my memories of what was taught by the Jw`s".the only prayers God really answers is the one for him to give you strength to endure whatever comes your way" Snoozy

Hundreds of "christians" were torn to peices in arena`s for entertainment

thousands of "christians"were dismembered,tortured,on the rack,for being heretics,over the centuries

MILLIONS of people wordwide have been tortured, brutalized,raped,maimed, disfigured,and executed in the name of" GOD,"and what do we hear from the almighty.????.........silence

Hence",what prayers does God answer "?

None since "it" doesn`t exist

smiddy

• wobble
    wobble

Zeus, Hermes,Horus, Thor,Baal, Yahweh etc. etc. are all figments of human imagination.

Prayers do not get answered because no one is there to listen.

• tec
    tec

Jesus prayed that the cup be taken away from him, but not in accordance to his will... in accordance to his Father's will. I think that is a good example of how some prayers get answered and others don't. He trusted his Father to know what's best (for all), regardless of what he personally wanted.

Tammy

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    It's tripped out.. My hubby is a zealous Witness and has been unemployed for almost a year.. he prays everyday for work and guess what? Nothing. I want to ask him so bad, why is God not answering his prayer? Does God not want a man to provide for his family? I just don't understand.

I don't think anyone here can speak for God or truly undestand why things are the way they are, outside of what WE make them of course.

There is a story of the man that prayed to God for 50 years to win the lottery every day he would pray and finally he heard god's voice: Dude, help me out here, buy a freaking ticket !!

I don't think God is in the business of fixing the mistakes WE MAKE and fixing the things WE CAN fix ourselves.

• ramtrucker
    ramtrucker

I believe that God, Jehovah does answer prayers, perhaps as Tammy states above "in accordance to his will."

An example; my wife's g-grandfather was a soldier in the Union Army during the Civil War. He left a journal in which he recorded some of his experiences.

He was captured by the Confederates and held in the Andersonville prison camp. One can read many accounts of the horrors that befell the prisoners in that camp. Men died from untreated wounds, disease, you name it. The brutality was unbelievable.

His journal told about how the water wasn't fit to drink in that camp. How the men were dying from plagues associated with dirty water. At some point the men got together and prayed as one for relief, for clean water to drink. The very next day a new spring opened up in that camp and many of the men were saved because of that pure, clean water they were able to drink.

This story can be verified by searching the internet. There are some who say it's not true, but by and large the majority of the information about that miracle is verified by other documentation as well.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I can honestly say I have never had a prayer answered....... that couldn't be attributed to either chance or coincidence or sheer hard graft on my part or of some-one else.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I have a struggle believing in god anymore after being lied to by the Borg all my life. Raised in the Borg but now free!

I really can't see god as CLEARLY answering any prayers.

Often it seems to be simple coincidence only or other humans have helped.

I feel god won't answer any prayers as they're all selfish in some way.

I've prayed my wife and daughter escape the Borg now I'm out but no! They're more zealous than ever in the cult!

I remain very cynical now seeking evidence. Like doubting Thomas.

Funnily enough a muslim bloke who was preaching in the street was very angry at me (convincing me they're also a cult), as he asked me: 'What do you want? god to write in the sky which god to serve?' (His eyes ablaze with hatred.

I calmly replied: 'Yes. Actually that'd be nice!'

I left him fuming like a psychopath...............

• Amelia Ashton

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit