Christians: Do you believe Jesus is the only way?

by sabastious 209 Replies latest jw friends

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Right. I'm not disagreeing with you Sab. Just stating what I've read and see. It's a bit confusing because Rev 1:3 says happy is he that reads and understands the prophecy. But there are so many different interpretations of it...how can you REALLY know that you have the right understanding.

I'll give you a "for example". For example, Revelation 6:2 talks about one of the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse. It says that he rides a white horse, he holds a bow, is given a crown, and goes forth as a conqueror. The Watchtower says that this is Jesus. But where is Jesus ever have been spoken of as having a bow? And why is there no arrows? Why does the rest of Revelation say that he carries a sword? So I've heard from other fundamental Christians that this rider is actually a FALSE Jesus or antichrist. But how can you REALLY know that either? Maybe it is Jesus or maybe it is a false prophet.

That seems to be my ending conclusion to so many things in the bible. I get to the end and think, "Ok...well it's either Jehovah's organization, or it's Satan's organization...or it's no ones organization." It's always an either/or situation with everything. There are always 3 sides to every story, as the saying goes. How can any of us be SURE about ANYTHING?

• sabastious
    sabastious
    God always gives a warning before He acts.

Please prove this before you call false analogy.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    How can any of us be SURE about ANYTHING?

Love.

You have a new baby right? I remember reading that.

My son turned 6 months old yesterday.

My love for him and for my wife is the only thing I can be sure of, everything else is relative and cannot be used to pass judgement by our creator.

What he must judge us on is our constant.

-Sab

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I agree with the love part, Sab. But to believe in that, don't you have to throw the entire bible away? According to IT there is much more than love that he is looking for.

P.S - My son just turned 6 months too!!

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

Sab,

"Jesus knew that he was speaking there was to be read by the whole world for millenia to come."

If that's the case then he would have also known that most people would never come to know about him and thus could never come to him. American Indians, Africans, Asians even Jews living in Babylon could not know Jesus. Millions upon millions have lived and died never knowing about him. He was speaking to his disciples, to those who knew him and those who would later come to know him as well. Non-Christians have no obligation toward him at all. Unless of course he should make himself known to them. But that's another story and another scripture.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    God always gives a warning before He acts.
    Please prove this before you call false analogy.
    -Sab

You can prove it for yourself by reading what you call the Book of Riddles - all 66 of them.

Syl

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Very nice point believingxjw... I guess I really haven't thought of it like that before.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    don't you have to throw the entire bible away?

Absolutely not. The Bible is a wealth of insighful accounts and stories that provide, like every sacred text, a window into the human condition.

The story of the Bible is a story of a "chosen people" breaking the bonds of the destructive cycle of "us (Israel) vs them (Gentiles)" and allowing God to ALL people through Jesus.

Jesus was like all of, just a man. But even 'just a man' can change the course of the world. He didn't have everything right and neither do we, which is why there is no Authority on the human condition.

Only by examining all paths does one become to as close to truth as humanly possible.

The second one "finds the truth" he stops on the Path to God.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious

The Bible broke a new ground when it referred to "God as love." It is, and always will be, a giant step on the Path to God.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious

What is his birthday brotherdan?

My son's is March 16th.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit