Christians: Do you believe Jesus is the only way?

by sabastious 209 Replies latest jw friends

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I think that the illustration of the narrow road and the broad road do not neccessarily speak about the number, but the difficulty involved. It's EASY for many to find the broad road. And it's hard to find the narrow road. But the fact should remain that you can always switch which road you are on.

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

Sab,

Jesus is speaking to his disciples. He was not speaking to those outside of that particular group. If a foreman tells his crew "no one is going to get their paycheck without coming to me first", does that mean he's speaking to everyone in town? At the time Jesus was speaking he was speaking to his disciples. Btw, the word "Christian" did not exist in Jesus' day.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    AFTER Jesus comes VISIBALLY there will be an opportunity for EVERYONE to come to him. Hence "Great Crowd".

This seems convoluted to me.

So there are many who don't have the opportunity to come to God right now? That's an odd concept.

There has been a lot of reprehensible things that have happened since Jesus allegedly died for our sins, now 2000 years later we're still waiting for him you avail the Temple to all mankind? Christianity seems moot in this framework.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious

brotherdan,

The narrow road is a Licence.

It allows any group to call their path That Road, and every religion I have ever heard of speaks in such a manner.

Narrow Road = Us

Broad Road = Them

-Sab

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I'm talking strictly Bible, Sab. Not that I necessarily believe it or anything. But it DOES say that there would be a great crowd coming out of the tribulation.

As far as the Bible is concerned I see evidence of it speaking (though very hazy) about a rapture of the Christians when he comes. Then there would be an anti christ and people that stand up against him (great crowd) and also a group of physical jews (144,000) in Israel that stand against him.

Like I said, it's all in Revelation. But the correct interpretation of it all...I'm not so sure. If there even is one...

If this interpretation is correct, would there be those that don't have the opportunity to come to God today? The answer would be yes...to a point. I think honest hearted people that are not Christians but honestly believe in "God" can have a relationship of sorts with him. But they won't really know about Jesus and the truth about him until he comes. (Again...just according to what I've read in Revelation. If it's true or not...well...the debate is still out in my head.)

• sabastious
    sabastious
    does that mean he's speaking to everyone in town?

False analogy. The foreman is a human with a limited perception.

Jesus knew that he was speaking there was to be read by the whole world for millenia to come.

-Sab

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Why the narrow road, etc?

Because there are too many anti-theists are on the broad one!

Just kidding.

There is no need for a broad way now ("few are the ones finding it").

That, too, will come later.

See Revelation 22.

Syl

• sabastious
    sabastious
    But it DOES say that there would be a great crowd coming out of the tribulation.

In the 66th Book of Riddles, yes.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I think honest hearted people that are not Christians but honestly believe in "God" can have a relationship of sorts with him.

So athiests get the Boot according to your current belief?

-Sab

• snowbird
    snowbird
    There is NO condemnation for anyone now! That, too, will come later.
    This is like rolling a large bolder off a steep hill that overlooks an unsuspecting village and saying that the village is not going to (or might not) suffer damage because the bolder hasn't reached it yet.
    No one can predict how much damage the village will take, but the second it started rolling we know that the village will be hit.
    -Sab

False analogy!

God always gives a warning before He acts.

If people are condemned, it will be their choice.

(Revelation 21 and 22, again)

Syl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit