What if JWs are right?!?

by brotherdan 77 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• yknot
    yknot

Most JWs I know hope to die before or during the tribulation so they can wake up in the New System...... those younger than me (especially converts) really don't think of the details as the WTS doesn't really focus on them like they did when many of us were kids under the Franz Fanatic Frenzy...... really saying 'birdfood' these days is purely a generational thing...... most of these younger or converted JWs have to be taught why some of us refer to the WTS as 'Mother'..... all they know is Armageddon is nigh, Jehovah is going to kill the wicked (compare the one angel and army of men) and then the resurrection is going to take place and pet lions will be abundant for all who desire!

In playing along with the 'what if'....... No, I wouldn't think the WTS was 'right' but I probably would revert back to the training I received in the 1970s....... It is just an automatically trained response, can't help it and I don't feel that bad about it either..... strategy game in real time, nothing more, nothing less......

No the JWs wouldn't still be having meetings and going D2D, we would do as done in countries where we have faced bans or deepset persecution.... (think Nazi Germany or the Brothers in Cuba when things were really bad)

The WTS cannot ever be 'right'..........everything is based on patch after patch explaining why Armageddon hasn't come....(besides Rutherford already said Tribulation had started.......took Franz quite some time to squash it too)

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

"Come here son, pull my finger. You won't fall for that again, huh? "

We eventually learn that some things just are not right. But playing this silly game, I am confident that plenty of groups would not stop practicing their beliefs. JW's would not be the only ones that the forces would have to hunt down.

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

If religion is banned....then EVIDENTLY this is God's organization.

:-)

• sabastious
    sabastious
    You came home from work one day, sat down, and turned on the tv. There is a sudden announcement that the UN has banned all religion.

I'd be like... DAMN the Witnesses ARE connected with the Masons!

-Sab

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

It's quite alright to ask a hypothetical question.

If the JW's had it right, I would raise my hand and say: "Me! Me! Kill me first!!! As I could never ever worship such a murderous, vengeful, god-forsaken piece of excrement as the tribal war god Jehovah. EVER!

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

If I'd have to serve and worship Jehovah for all eternity, I'd rather burn for eternity in hell

But since there's no hell, I'll just take a long nap

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I'm just wondering how I rationally believed this my whole life.

I would be willing to wager that THIS scripture is the culprit of why you thought it feasible:

Revalation 17:17 - For God put [it] into their hearts to carry out his thought, even to carry out [their] one thought by giving their kingdom to the wild beast, until the words of God will have been accomplished.

-Sab

• moshe
    moshe

Even if it happened, and the JWs ran into the street shouting- Jehoobah is coming!- everyone is going to die! You'll all be sorry you didn't listen to us!, Well, their joy will last about three days. When no Armageddon is found to be forthcoming the JWs will surely be the world's sorriest people.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hey Moshe,

Even if it did come, their joy won't last that long,

they are gonna have a lot of dead bodies to dispose of,

remember, the Buzzards won't be eatin' meat any more in the new system.

The JW's gonna have to clean that mess up.

• White Dove
    White Dove

The countries that didn't want to conform would simply pull out of the UN. They'd quit. There are countries that aren't even members.

So, if they aren't members, then the UN holds no power over them, as if it held much power over members at all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit