What if JWs are right?!?

by brotherdan 77 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Essan
    Essan

I could see it happening, but it still wouldn't make me think the JW's were right. There are many religions and spiritualities that speak of degenerating world conditions and an eventual 'shift' possibly marked by an "Armageddon" type scenario, from the Mayans and the interpretation of the ending of their calendar, to the changing Yugas of Hinduism. It's likely that the Christian Revelation and it's 'Armageddon' is just a regional variation of a global theme. A global force halting or seizing control of religion at some point is kind of a "common sense" scenario for troubled times. Therefore, it happening certainly wouldn't make me think the JW's were "right". If an "Armageddon" happens, it's almost certain not to be a JW Armageddon scenario, but it may include controlling or halting religion in a state of emergency.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I wanted to finish that story of the flying saucer vigil and show how it compares to the 75 fiasco.

"When morning came with no saucers and no flood, the followers might have been expected to become disillusioned and angry. A few did - fringe members who had not invested much time or energy. But most member became even MORE convinced that ever. The leader proclaimed that the aliens had witnessed their faithful vigil and decided to spare the Earth. Members wound up feeling MORE committed to the leader after they took a dramatic public stance that resulted in public humiliation."

• unshackled
    unshackled

You're right Brodan...a pointless question. BUT I'd like to play along and let my imagination run with a dash of conspiracy. Don't take this seriously, but what if?

It is known that CT Russell at least associated or was a freemason...even was quoted as saying he was one and knew the handshakes. Okay, so freemasons are supposedly part of the mysterious Illuminati.

The Illuminati are alleged to be the primary motivational forces encouraging global governance, a one-world religious ethic, and centralized control of the world’s economic systems. Organizations such as the United Nations, the International Monetary Fund, the World Bank, and the International Criminal Court are seen as tentacles of the Illuminati. According to the Illuminati conspiracy, the Illuminati are the driving force behind efforts to brainwash the gullible masses through thought control and manipulation of beliefs, through the press, the educational curriculum, and the political leadership of the nations.Many world leaders (the Bush family, Tony Blair blah blah) are said to be freemasons and therefore Illuminati, working on their master plan of a one world government. Which eventually would include getting rid of religion.

So, since the Watchtower's roots are based in freemasonry...what if it ultimately up the food chain it IS Illuminati? Maybe just maybe then the Watchtowers dudes are making predictions of this because they are part of the plan to control and manipulate society.

A recent thread pointed out some new specific predictions by the WT regarding the timeline of removing religion. Suggesting it starts with the Vatican. The Pope sure seems on uneasy grounds these days. The Illumaniti are coming! (cue the ominous music)

Okay that was silly. Now back to reality.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

LOL, I was just reading this thread when I heard Hilary Clinton say 'peace and security' on the television.

*heads to the kitchen to find the tinfoil*

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Wow..

The WBT$ really messed with your head..

Jehovah`s Witness`s have no opinion,other than what the WBT$ says

And..

The WBT$ has never been right about anything..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

If religion is ever banned by the UN or powers that be, the Jehovahs witnesses will not be the only one ignoring the ban.

Where it goes from there, I dont know.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Don't get me wrong, Outlaw. I don't think they are right! I'm just wondering how I rationally believed this my whole life. Almost everytime I'm around my in-laws or other JWs the "Tribulation" always comes up. World events get talked about (i.e the BP oil spill) and it eventually leads to conversation about how this could send the world into a tailspin that leads to the tribulation. I remember participating in conversations like this when I believed it... But now...it's just sad.

It's almost like hanging out with people that get serious about the 2012 predictions. I just have to sit there quietly and not contribute to the convo. It really gets old...

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Armageddon: Just Around the Corner -- Since 1879!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

BD..

I totally understand..

"What if"..Probably cross`s alot of peoples minds..

It all you`ve heard your whole life..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• ForbiddenFruit
    ForbiddenFruit

Just a point about Buddhism...

It is not a "religion" in terms of worship, more a philosophy or view of life. Buddhists would not stop being Buddhists, because there is no real "Organisation" or "leader". Forget the Dalai Lama, that's Tibetan Buddhism for you (he's still a great man, and that's not a knock on Tibetan Buddhism completely).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit