What if JWs are right?!?

by brotherdan 77 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• undercover
    undercover

Stop.

Think about it...just for a minute.

And then come back and admit that your imagination got away from you for a few seconds...

• FreeAtLast1914
    FreeAtLast1914

Not plausible. Fit only for a futuristic fictional plot. And last but not least, there is a better chance for my "anointed" Dad waking up to the truth about his religion than the WT EVER being right.

Will the Earth someday plunge into some massive war? Yep, it has before. This is no prophecy. It's simply history repeating itself.

"What if JWs are right?" is a good question. A better question: "Will JWs ever be right about anything?" I'd like to be there when that happens.

• Stealth
    Stealth

Before all of that could happen, there has to be a "king of the north".

Who is the "king of the north" these days?

• undercover
    undercover

Maybe the US is the King of the North... I mean, who else could it be? Canada? Please...

• VM44
    VM44

Never going to happen.

The way the world is now, the following might be a possibility.

"the UN has banned all religion, except Islam."

• simon17
    simon17

Thought about it. Of course all things are possible. I guess in that case we lost a big hand.

I would feel ok saying "I tried what was right and it made no sense. It seemed wrong. If you can see everything, you know I'm a good person following my own heart and brain. I feel ok about my decision because it was fact and evidence based. It was carefully thought out. I'm sorry I was wrong, and if that is deserving of death so be it. But I am confident that, given the evidence presented, I made the right decision. The rest is up to you."

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

But this is my point. 7 Million people believe that this VERY THING is going to happen. The WT has repeatedly said that the "Great Tribulation" would start when "Babylon the Great" is destroyed. That's their final, end all prophecy. It's just like the "Stay Alive til 75" kind of thing.

I was reading in "Combatting mind control": There was a Wisconsin flying saucer cult whose leader had predicted the end of the world. The cult leader claimed to be in mental contact with the aliens from another planet. Followers sold their homes, gave away their money, and stood at the appointed date on a mountainside.

Does this sound familiar to anyone else? How bout the 1974 May KM: "Reports are heard of brothers selling their homes and property and planning to finish out the rest of their days in this old system in the pioneer service. Certainly this is a fine way to spend the short time remaining before the wicked world’s end.—1 John 2:17."

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

If it happened, I would dress myself in foil, go to the highest nearby hill and wait to be taken to the Pleiades to be reunited with Elvis and Lord Lucan.

• undercover
    undercover
    What if JWs are right?!?

soon i discovered that this rock thing was true
    jerry lee lewis was the devil
    jesus was an architect previous to his career as a prophet
    all of a sudden, i found myself in love with the world
    so there was only one thing that i could do
    was ding a ding dang my dang a long ling long

• sir82
    sir82

The UN doesn't have the power or the influence to stop a rock fight between 5th-graders...and they're going to convince governments to piss of 5 billion people by "banning all religion?"

Uh huh. Right after the tooth fairy gets caught in a compromising situation with Horton the elephant.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit