What if JWs are right?!?

by brotherdan 77 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• peacedog
    peacedog

adynaton

Noun

adynaton (plural adynatons )

1. (rhetoric) A form of hyperbole that uses exaggeration so magnified as to express impossibility.

Examples:

1. "When pigs fly"

2. "When hell freezes over"

3. "What if JWs are right?!?"

• garyneal
    garyneal

Brother Dan,

I guess you weren't being serious but for anyone who does take this seriously has to consider this.

What if that old Independent Fundamental Baptist church preacher was correct?

• 666 is a barcode or a microchip.
    • 666 is your social security number.
    • 666 is an 18 digit number consisting of your social security number with a country and local code attached to it.
    • The European Union is the revived Roman Empire.
    • The B.E.A.S.T. is a super computer in Belgium. It has all the personal information of everyone in the entire world.
    • The generation who was alive to witness Jerusalem becoming a nation again in 1948 shall by no means pass away before the great tribulation period takes place.

You should watch the Left Behind series and a few episodes of Jack Van Impe Presents. They have their own take on the end times prophecies too.

In the end, I say forget it. Man makes too many mistakes to be trusted. I'm just going to do the best I can to live a somewhat decent moral Christian life and believe God's amazing grace is enough for my sins.

• bamse
    bamse

If a false prophet ONCE in a time happens to have right, it still is a false prophet.

• Joliette
    Joliette

This is something that I think about all the time. Even though history has proven the JW's to be wrong, I always get that gut feeling that I'm gonna wake up and the big A is gonna be upon us.

• wiser
    wiser

As a non JW, our faith teaches us that this will happen. The one world government will indeed pass laws banning open churches that teach the truth. ( not just JW). But the underground churches will be very active and suffer much persecution. The problem the JWs have, is that they believe they are the only truth.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Whatever happens in the future Bro Dan - I am convinced that Almighty God will not bless an organisation that has behaved so very badly to human beings that he loves.

Loz x

• pirata
    pirata

One Christian guy said to my co-worker "Even if there's only 1% chance we're right, isn't it worth taking that chance if it means your salvation?"

The problem with that is that most religions are exclusive. Membership in another ensures destruction. You can't be a JW and a Mormon. You can't be a Mormon and a Baptist. You can't be a Baptist and a Muslim, etc.

Therefore with that line of reasoning alone, you can't win because if you stay in one "just in case", you are condemned to death by the others.

It's kind of like Religious Russian Roulette.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

There's that circular thinking for you. What if there is just a 1% chance that you are wrong and are missing out on heaven? Isn't it worth it?

It's an easy statement to say to STOP your natural thinking process.

• flipper
    flipper

Dan- O.K. my friend - pull away from the peyote pipe for a minute. Take a deep breath- now exhale . LOL ! Good. JW's aren't right. Research it thoroughly and you'll see that. Nothing they say is going to happen. It's all a scam to dupe their members and keep them controlled through fear and guilt. It's an UNREALITY they are pushing into people's minds

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Ummmm....I know they are not right. I titled the thread the way I did because I wanted to think about the implications of IF they were right, what would happen.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit