What if JWs are right?!?

by brotherdan 77 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I know this is a pointless question, but what if this happened:

You came home from work one day, sat down, and turned on the tv. There is a sudden announcement that the UN has banned all religion. They go on further to announce that anyone caught practicing any form of religion will be arrested and prosecuted. As time goes on you see the different religious leaders giving in and putting away all religion in support of the UN's declaration. Things start getting better! There is actual evidence that peace is being attained among all the countries of the world. No more muslims. No more Christians. No more Bhuddists, Hindus, or others. The human family is getting along.

But then it is noticed that there is one group that is not following the UN's ruling. The Jehovah's Witnesses. They are still going door to door. They are still holding meetings. They are doing everything that they've been doing all along.

This is basically what JW's are waiting for. But have they ever stopped and thought about the implications of this? If the UN was to ban religion, that means that they would be violating almost every constitution that human rights have set up. There is no more freedom of religion. If the US constitution is destroyed that also means no freedom of speech along with all our other rights. This simply could not happen. Do you think that religious leaders would freely give up all their rights because of ruling from the UN? No...there would be a war. There would be violent opposition. It would be riots on the street.

In your opinion, is this concept about how the "Great Tribulation" starts according to Witnesses even plausible?!? What if you saw a ruling from the UN, to be implemented in all countries of the world, banning religion. Would you immediately think, "The WT was right"?

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

Took me all of 1 second to think about this. Absolutely no, never, ever.

• JWoods
    JWoods

It would have to have happened within the generation alive and cognizant as adults of 1914, though -

so I guess it is pointless to worry about it.

• Libelle
    Libelle

And the UN just doesn't have that much power...

• donny
    donny

Then I'd have to ask God why he picked such a group as the WTB&TS to deliver this message which was surrounded by all kinds of false teachings.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Oh Brother! Are we running out of topics? :-)

if the JWs were right then that would mean that I would never have to pay off my mortgage.Thank God! Also it would mean that my sister would get to play with Lion (its her dream). It would also mean that The crows will eat me and will poop me all over paradise.

But my question is.... What if mormons are right? Because they get to have their own planet and have sex with lots of wives for the rest of eternity. That really concerns me!

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

There is a sudden announcement that the UN has banned all religion.

We might as well ask: "What if the YMCA suddenly announced it had banned religion?" Or Goodwill, or the Daughters of the American Revolution, for that matter. The UN simply does not have the authority to enforce any such ban. It's preposterous. There is no single, global government capable of enforcing such a prohibition.

• superpunk
    superpunk

Some things are just too silly to even consider. Like...what if Dracula and Bill Nye the Science guy come to my room tonight, give me a jetpack and then take me to the moon for a freaky three-way?

Wondering what if the JWs are right (about anything) falls into a similar category.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

If the UN was to ban religion

Nope, the UN doesn't have that kind of power.

• new light
    new light

What if you saw a ruling from the UN, to be implemented in all countries of the world, banning religion. Would you immediately think, "The WT was right"?

My first thought would be "Oh, good. Humanity can finally move forward."

It seems obvious that humankind has a track record of overcoming superstition little by little, which will eventually lead to a shedding of all things religious.

If the WT had given a correct date for this to happen, it would be a lot more impressive, but they have not.

It is like giving an open ended prediction that the dollar will collapse. Of course it will, someday, but without specifics one can't be called a prophet as much as an observer of history.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit