Pastor to burn Koran

by beksbks 265 Replies latest social current

• JWoods
    JWoods
    Um... I can't click on to their website anymore? Anyone else having problems, or is it just me?

The Dove Church one? If so, you have either more guts or a better anonymity guard system than I do to try...

• tec
    tec

I don't understand, JWoods? Why would I need an anonymity guard system? I made a comment on their site too, but it didn't get posted. It wasn't anything big... but still.

Don't freak me out!

Tammy

• tec
    tec

Thanks betterdaze :)

• B-Rock
  • leavingwt
  • leavingwt
    leavingwt

"Hundreds of angry Afghans burned a U.S. flag and chanted "Death to the Christians" on Thursday to protest plans by a small American church to torch copies of the Muslim holy book on the anniversary of the Sept. 11 terror attacks."

. . .

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100909/ap_on_re_as/quran_burning_reaction

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

A friend posted this on Facebook concerning this subject, I think it aptly applies:

Romans 12:17-21

17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. 18 If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. 19 Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," [a] says the Lord. 20 On the contrary:
    "If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
    if he is thirsty, give him something to drink.
    In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head." [b] 21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

I think the good pastor forgot about this scripture. I honestly think his motives are suspect.

• Podobear
    Podobear

Enquiry: Does anyone know if the Dove World Outreach Center is totally independent.. or is it one of the many schisms within the Born Again/Evangelical movement?

If this church is completely independant then surely this Pastor is another Wakko from Waco?? If it is under the Evangelical Alliance... Does not that movement have a Governing Church Body or Council that has a spokesman? If it does why doesn't he/she come forward as have men and women of faith in other religious groups and speak out about the lunacy of this Pastor?

For me, this underscores the venom of the Evangelical alliance and its constant attacks on other faiths.. it puts JW forthrightness into the shade!

and is certainly against the message of the Gospel..

Thoughts anyone, please?

Podo

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

Nice image, BB. This country was founded on Christianity. America has given everyone the freedom to practice their religion openly and publically.

The murderous Muslims kill us instead of thanking us. It's time to pay back

One of my favorite images.....

• Podobear
    Podobear

Darkside.. that is an amazing comment. I am not American, and I just cannot believe you retain the same mental attitude as the JW subset you probably left. Kill the 99% of humanity because of the lunacy of 1%?? The only good German is a dead German, eh?.. the only good Muslim is a dead Muslim, eh?

I am speechless at such ignorance. No wonder, even the rest of the Western world is holding America at arms length. That is incredible reasoning.

Podo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit