Pastor to burn Koran

by beksbks 265 Replies latest social current

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

"It is impossible to rightly govern a nation without God and the Bible." - George Washington

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

"If we desire to avoid insult, we must be able to repel it; if we desire to secure peace, one of the most powerful instruments of our rising prosperity, it must be known, that we are at all times ready for War." GEORGE WASHINGTON, fifth annual address to Congress, Dec. 13, 1793

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

To George Washington....if he were alive today.

"I thank you sir, for the knowledge given, to identify the enemy, who is not only at the front door, but inside the house, residing with us." - Sam Whiskey

• B-Rock
    B-Rock

I am against this burning because this old fart pastor will probably botch it. They need to fill a barnful of korans and send in a flaming goat or something else really unique and epic. I am all for poking the muslims in the eye but showmanship counts for something. Ive got standards.

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

LOL....B-Rock....too funny.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    This problem is being fuelled by the media
    this mornings television here in Oz is talking about it
    the internet is full of it
    if they just left it alone, hardly anybody would know about it, let alone do anything in retaliation...
    my 2 cents worth...
    oz

Oz makes a valuable point that we have largely missed discussing here: This is pretty much a non-event fanned into a scandal by the media. But, not JUST the media - I hate to say it, but General Petreaus (who I like & support) had a big hand in getting this national attention by calling it out. I think Petreaus would have done far better to ignore it - it is not worthy of the remarks of a general in the field.

I think it is also pretty significant that President Obama has spoken out today against the book-burning in strong terms - while at the same time seemingly supporting the Mosque at ground zero, and then saying that he "had to remain silent on the wisdom of the mosque subject". This kind of thing makes a lot of people think Obama is very apologetic toward Islam - even making some of the most far-out claim he is Muslim himself. (NO - I don't believe that, but I see how his actions can fan the flames)

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Call Emerges for "Burn the Stars and Stripes Day"

A radical Islamic activist and lawyer in the U.K. has called on Muslims worldwide to burn U.S. flags outside American embassies on Sept. 11, a "direct retaliation" against a Florida church's plan to burn Qurans on the same day.

Anjem Choudary, former leader of the banned hardline Islamic group Islam4UK, told CBS News in London he was calling for, "an international burn the Stars and Stripes day" on the anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

Choudary, who regularly organizes small demonstrations in Britain calling for the implementation of Islamic law, was the first public figure -- and a likely one -- to call for retaliation against Gainesville, Fla. Reverend Terry Jones' plans to burn at least 100 Qurans.

. . .

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503543_162-20015919-503543.html

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Angry muslims burning the US flag? Wow, that's original.

The Pastor is a douchebag, but he can do what he wants.

• tec
    tec

Um... I can't click on to their website anymore? Anyone else having problems, or is it just me?

Tammy

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Tammy, Dove's hosting company shut them down last night due to complaints about hate speech.

~Sue

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit