Pastor to burn Koran

by beksbks 265 Replies latest social current

• Cook My Socks UK
    Cook My Socks UK

I havent read all 12 pages of this, so this may have been said already.

Terry Jones(nothing reverend about him) is just pulling some kind of attention seeking trick, the burnings will not go ahead and if need be, will be banned by ur Predident himself. You will see it on the news, plans changed at the last hour!

That being said, the damage has already been done and no doubt their will be some repercussions. If I was Terry Jones(or members of his family) then I would be in fear of loosing my life soon. No doubt there will soon be some kinda fatwa on him(yes I know it's a rare use for the word, but can at times refer to a death sentance).

"Live and let live" - if only everybody felt that way, world would be a sound place(well, apart from the other issues)

• JWoods
    JWoods
    I am speechless at such ignorance. No wonder, even the rest of the Western world is holding America at arms length. That is incredible reasoning.
    Podo

He is not the spokesman for America, Podo. Probably at least 90% of Americans, if not more, on both conservative and liberal sides, think this "pastor" is a self-serving moron.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I wish the press would have left this story alone. Noone would be paying this idiot any attention. But, I'm afraid of the repercussions this is going to have, especially for the military. Horrible.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I wish the press would have left this story alone. Noone would be paying this idiot any attention. But, I'm afraid of the repercussions this is going to have, especially for the military. Horrible.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

This has been pretty much my thought on this whole story. A whole hey to do over nothing. Not to judge a book by its cover, but you can look at that preacher and see the man is ignorant, even by Florida fundemantalist standards. Mainstream media has always been flaky, and questionable, but the amount of attention they've give this guy and his church is ridiculous. There shouldn't have ever been a story abou this. Its not newsworthy. It's not even worth debate. Of all the things the media could cover, this guy? One of Tiger's mistresses would be more enlightening.

• glenster
  • betterdaze
    betterdaze

if need be, will be banned by ur Predident himself.

This act falls under freedom of speech. The president has no power to "ban" our constitutional rights on a case by case basis.

However, Gainesville refused to issue a fire permit for the stunt. Jones will probably be arrested the second he lights a match.

~Sue

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I just heard on the news that the Koran burning has been cancelled by the 'Pastor'.

-Aude.

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Good news!

Only… early reports are saying Jones will fly to NY instead to meet with Imam Rauf.

~Sue

• Podobear
    Podobear

It is 10.20 pm UK time.. the BBC national news has just announced that the Pastor has called off his provocative action.

Thank god... what a fool. Thank you for your reassurances JWood.

You know, I read an article in the British Press a few years ago. It was reporting the comments of the Chief of Police in Cairo, after the killing of many tourists visiting the pyramids. That wise man said:" These people are terrorists. They are neither Muslims or Jews, Christians or any other group. They are CRIMINALS... and as CRIMINALS they will be brought to justice." (sic.)

Please take those comments to heart Darkside. Sue for Peace, at all times.

Podo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit