Pastor to burn Koran

by beksbks 265 Replies latest social current

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Snow, this is truly exceptional behavior for Buddhists. Genetically, Buddhism is not a violent, militant, religion/philosophy. Buddhism does not teach this. Buddhists, of course, don't always follow the precepts present in their teachings. The fault lies with those that committed this act of violence, not with Buddhism itself.

BTS

• journey-on
    journey-on
    We've got a Muslim for President
    I don't think so. I personally think he's agnostic or atheist whose sympathies lie with the muslims. But, that's just me based on my personal research.
  • undercover
    undercover

We've got a Muslim for President
    *sigh*

Fortunately that was early enough in the post to alert me to not worry about the rest of it...

• JWoods
    JWoods
    Fair's fair... if we eliminate all the others, then Buddha has to go too.
    Sorry, fat man...

Well, I will have to say that I never cared much for vegatarianism...

• JWoods
    JWoods
    Snow, this is truly exceptional behavior for Buddhists. Genetically, Buddhism is not a violent, militant, religion/philosophy. Buddhism does not teach this. Buddhists, of course, don't always follow the precepts present in their teachings. The fault lies with those that committed this act of violence, not with Buddhism itself.

A lot of their monks burned themselves alive in Vietnam as a kind of war protest. I don't know if this was technically taught as a Buddist belief, but it was pretty common in the 1960s.

Mai, who escaped Nam in 1975 on the last day at the U.S. Embassy, has told me that she thought at the time it was a spontaneous individual war protest - not a religious duty or teaching. She was and still is Buddhist.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Buddhists, of course, don't always follow the precepts present in their teachings.

Amen.

Neither do Christians, Muslims, Hindus, Taoists, etc.

The fault lies with those that committed this act of violence, not with Buddhism itself.

Amen and amen.

Syl

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Jwoods never advocated Muslim registration.

inJustitia likes to talk smack. She is more full of shit than a cesspool 5 years since its last honey truck visit.

Yaaawwwnnnnn

he was unable to state difinitively that he was against forcing Muslims to register.

And B-rock still needs to working on his/her reading skills. :)

• JWoods
    JWoods

BTW - where are all of our JWN leftists? (no, I don't count Sylvia as one)

Surely there have been enough comments on these last two pages to get them on here spitting fire and swinging fists for fair treatment of peaceful Islam?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Neither do Christians, Muslims, Hindus, Taoists, etc.

Snow, did you see the Quran verses posted earlier? Violent spread of their faith is a precept. The word is called Jihad. I would love to see them interpret it differently, but they view their book as the literal word of Allah, directly spoken by Gabriel the Archangel. The early Muslims obeyed these verses, and spread their faith by the sword. That presents a difference between Islam, and the other religions you mention. Islam is genetically violent. Buddhism, which you mentioned earlier, is not.

By the way, I read somewhere that this Quran burning church in Gainesville is somehow associated with the Westboro Baptist Church people.

BTS

• JWoods
    JWoods
    Yaaawwwnnnnn

Ahhh - they have been sleeping.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit