Dishonering Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr

by Dark Side 127 Replies latest social current

• Ri
    Ri

Sharpdon is a has-been living in the past and seems some of you here are doing the same thing

• Ri
    Ri

Try to remeber MLK was a peaceful man...not nasty or ugly like Liberals who have been swimming in the koolaid pool of hate.

• cult classic
    cult classic

ditto undercover - There are real political and racial problems that exist without these nuts being taken seriously. People listen to them because their instigation feeds a lot of people's need for drama.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

@ LisaB:

Are you condoning spitting in a person's food? I understand tensions were high and there were really horrible things going on but still. The people in the restaurant weren't the people who had done the "stringing up" were they? So he was spitting in folks' food just because of their race, not because of something they themselves did.

I really have a problem with inserting bodily fluids into a person's food. That is inexcusable.

@carvin:

because contrary to liberal belief consivertives on the whole are not hate mongers, or racist

That is probably true. The problem is that the most vocal conservatives make the majority of the party look horrible.

If Beck or any other white person were to say the exact thing that Sharpton said only replacing black with white it would be called "hate speach". They would be accused of inciting violence, and there would be calls to remove them from whatever platform/job they had so as not to be able to freely express themselves again.

If you mean the Shabazz speech that was posted on this thread, then let me tell you no matter what the color of the person saying it, it is hate speech. Don't think that all black people are ok with that kind of talk. Any reasonable person knows that that is hate speech.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!
    Try to remeber MLK was a peaceful man...not nasty or ugly like Liberals who have been swimming in the koolaid pool of hate.

Really, all liberals? MLK also didn't use sweeping generalizations to describe groups of people.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa
    @ LisaB:
    Are you condoning spitting in a person's food? I understand tensions were high and there were really horrible things going on but still. The people in the restaurant weren't the people who had done the "stringing up" were they? So he was spitting in folks' food just because of their race, not because of something they themselves did.
    I really have a problem with inserting bodily fluids into a person's food. That is inexcusable.

No, I'm not condoning spitting in a person's food.

My point is that if you want to outraged about some racisim in the 60's, it seems misplaced to be outraged over a 1960's black waiter spitting in some food when black people at that time were being KILLED for the color of their skin.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

It's not an either/or issue for me Lisa. I'm a multi-tasker; I'm outraged at all acts of racism at the same time. My surprise is that the person who did the spitting is a reverend- supposedly christian, a public figure, though I don't know that he was when he did it. From what I know of JJ today, I didn't think he would do such a thing.

• designs
    designs

LisaB-

Sometimes people forget that in 1964 the Civil Rights Act gave voting rights to all citizens, 45-46 years ago, not that long. I had a summer job in 1965 and remember the sound of rifle fire on my way to work on day. The Watts Riots had spilled over to my MOR community.

• SixofNine
  • designs
    designs

Glenn should get a Kanye scroll design in his hair

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit