Dishonering Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr

by Dark Side 127 Replies latest social current

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Rude Pundit says it better than I could:

You can't spend every day of your life making broad, awful, confrontational political statements in order to get an audience and then say you're gonna have a big damn life-changing rally but it won't be political. No, mother----er. It's political because you're political. You can wave your hammy arms at the different memorials in DC like the most enthusiastic tour guide in history, you can yell about a magical sky wizard, but it's political. And people who think it wasn't political are the blind fools who always follow the deranged sociopath right off the cliff. It was political because it was specifically Christian, specifically putting American history in a Christian context. (Yes, he trotted out a Jew.)

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

Would you prefer we discuss Theo?

Not here, please

If you'd like to discuss Cosby, will you please start another thread?

I'd like to hear from the board the difference between Al Sharpton's rally on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial, and Glenn Beck's.

Sharpton has accused Glenn Beck of dishonoring the memory of MLK. In my opinion, in light of his own rally, Sharpton is a complete hypocrite

Sharpton dishonors Dr. King's dream by endorsing the New Black Panthers

Thoughts? Any thoughts?

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Dark Side, you are totally right. There were racist speeches given at Sharpton's rally. People have already told you they agree with you on this point.

You 'won' this argument someplace on the first or second page I think.

Jesus Christ. 6 pages. Fucking amazing. The lefties on this board are like cockroaches. Actually, lefties everywhere are like cockroaches

That's very rude calling me, and all others with left leaning political views that disgusting name. Actually, I thought you were against name calling?

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

That's very rude calling me, and all others with left leaning political views that disgusting name. Actually, I thought you were against name calling?

Lisa, you are absolutely right. My apologies to you. Again

However, if the cockroach shoe fits, wear it

• lisaBObeesa
  • beksbks
  • Dark Side
    Dark Side

Red

Very fitting, beksie

• designs
    designs

Even Andrew Carnegie had a twing of conscience in his later years and set up a Foundation and School to help others.

Thing great thing about humans is that we can change.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit