One Reason Why I Speak About Racism

by snowbird 113 Replies latest jw experiences

• beksbks
    beksbks

Sylvia, come play with the bad kids!

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

There will always be some sort of "ism" be it racism, sexism, jingoism, etc. People will not change. Sure, there will be upswings and downward spirals, waxing and waning like the tides, but people are people, and they will always and forever push one another down into the mire. And there will always be those that come along and selflessly bend down and take your arm and lift you up and walk for a while with you until they too have to leave, and you're left with the muck and the mob.

This human race disappoints me with alarming regularity.

I guess tonight my "ism" is fatalism.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

What if we were to stop worrying about "black rights" and "gay rights", and focus on INDIVIDUAL rights? Each one of us would be treated as an individual, not as a member of some group. I think that would ensure all of us would be treated as fairly as possible without minorities being slighted or usurping unfair advantages because of "political correctness". For sure, if the world would look at individual rights only, everyone would have exactly the same rights and responsibilities without worrying about these stupid group-rights and group-leaders.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Life is unfair.

Get over it.

• flipper
    flipper

I agree- racism should be spoken against in our society. It's an abomination and stain on ALL cultures. The freedoms and basic human rights guaranteed to all that all races should be treated equally and with dignity and respect. Keep on speaking for freedom Sylvia ! Good for you . Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Has anyone mentioned the whole Dr. Laura thing??

Oh man that upset me to no end!!

I'm Mexican husband is Black and we have personally experienced racism, some times through our kids being treated unkindly..is it horrible? No. Is it still bad? Yes.

Do I hope it will get better? Of course.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Life is unfair.

Get over it.

If any Tea Party people show up in my area, I will make a poster displaying that saying.

This will not be a broken promise, I promise.

Syl

• snowbird
    snowbird
    And there will always be those that come along and selflessly bend down and take your arm and lift you up and walk for a while with you until they too have to leave, and you're left with the muck and the mob.

Sooner, this made me get all chuffed, as the Brits would say.

Syl

• carvin
    carvin

I am always reluctant to comment in discussions on racism as it is awlays emotionally charged. However, I must say that in reading this thread I find it sad that so many on here are very one sided, judgemental and ready to attact anyone we disagree with, I guess the WT taught us all well.

Sylvia - I'm not going to say I understand where you are coming from on this because I can't, as I am not of color. I'm so honkey I'm like Casper the ghost. I don't know what it's like to be treated as many people of color have been, and continue to be treated, because of my skin color. What I will say is I think that all baseless hate is stupid, and skin color is baseless hate. The sad thing I see here is that we have to talk about it at all, I know we do because it does exist. It has existed in the past, it still exists, and will continue to exist for a long time, and that's what really sucks.

If more of us, on both sides of the issue would set asside our eagerness to pounce on the slightest thing someone says that we don't agree with and just listen, maybe progress would be made. Mrs. Jones, Sylvia and others seem to be trying to do that time and time again, even though they get pounced on by some. I won't be altruistic and say I agree with every thing they say but I can't fault them for what they say. I have not lived their life, nor will I ever. Our children learn form us and the world we put them in, so we are in a sad state.

Mr Flipper said it great - I agree- racism should be spoken against in our society. It's an abomination and stain on ALL cultures. The freedoms and basic human rights guaranteed to all that all races should be treated equally and with dignity and respect. Keep on speaking for freedom Sylvia ! Good for you.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Well said, Carvin, and thank you so much.

Syl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit