One Reason Why I Speak About Racism

by snowbird 113 Replies latest jw experiences

• snowbird
    snowbird

http://www.eric.ed.gov/ERICWebPortal/search/detailmini.jsp?_nfpb=true&_&ERICExtSearch_SearchValue_0=ED018874&ERICExtSearch_SearchType_0=no&accno=ED018874

If anyone cares or dares to read this, this is how it was when I was 13 years of age.

The gap in funding for Black and White kids' education is still stunning to me 46 years later, but it's there in black and white.

It's a testament to our determination and fortitude that we acquired an education at all.

This, in the richest country on the planet!

For your edification and, hopefully, understanding.

Syl

• journey-on
    journey-on

I didn't read your links. I know what went on "in the old days".

What is Black and White kids' education? Are we still segregated?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Are we still segregated?

Yes, I'll expand on it later

• snowbird
    snowbird

I posted the link because some posters have asked about my educational background.

JO, I respectfully suggest that you read it.

Syl

• journey-on
    journey-on

If you're talking about segregation of any sort other than forced-by-law segregation, then your points are moot, mrs.jones.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Know what astounds me?? Affirmative Action. Basically, it's discrimination but in reverse.

Say you are a white fireman. You have seniority. There is a black fireman in your department there with less seniority, but you are both going for the same promotion. The black man gets the promotion based on RACE. (Affirmative Action)

Now tell me, how the hell is that fair or correct?? How is punishing this white fireman NOW for the actions of some British Colonialist Plantation owners fair or just?

What ever happened to actually EARNING your way to the top? No one wants to hear about that, and everything is whitey's fault.

Want to hear about racism, oppression, torture, and rape? Go talk to women living RIGHT NOW in Sierra Leone or the Congo, they'll tell you all about it. Genital mutilations, rape, killing of their children. Now THAT is some unjust sh*t going on right NOW over there.

Want me to send you some links where you can donate some of your hard-earned money in which to help them? I'm sure they'd appreciate it. I think the NAACP has enough money, don't you? Speaking of which, are THEY helping these poor abused women in Africa? I'd love to find that out.

- Wing Commander

• journey-on
    journey-on

I'm very hestitant this week about clicking on links because of a problem that developed on my computer from doing so in the last couple of days. Just tell me in a nutshell what point you want me to get, Sylvia.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I've posted on here before that I'm not a fan of affirmative action.

As James Brown so succinctly put it: "I don't want nobody to give me nothin.' Open up the door and I'll get it myself."

I say, "Get the hell out of the way, and I'll open the door for myself!"

Syl

• snowbird
    snowbird

Just this, JO:

WILCOX COUNTY, ALABAMA--A STUDY OF SOCIAL, ECONOMIC, AND EDUCATIONAL BANKRUPTCY. REPORT OF AN INVESTIGATION.

It's a dismal report on the state of Black education in Wilcox County Alabama as reflected in funding and maintenance of schools for Black kids.

Syl

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Racisim is a fact of life, even in our day and age.

In a true multiculturla environment, racisim has its breeding ground in the differences between races and I am not just speaking about blacks, but chinese, indian, pakistani, arab and so forth.

There is no logic to racisim and there is no love in racisim so it makes no sense for ANYONE, beleiver or not, to be racist.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit