The EVOLUTION thread!

by BurnTheShips 87 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I am a Christian, in the sense that Christ is my Lord and Saviour not that I belong to any denomination, and I believe that evolution was one of the process the God used/created to allow/help/watch the universe unfold.

I don't think that evolution has the answers to many questions that it was NOT designed to have.

The issues of HOW or WHY the universe came to be are not addressed by evolution, nor are they suppose to be.

Viruses are proof of evolution in action. Or does God create a new flu virus each year to confuse the flu vaccine makers?

God hates the pharmaceutical companies too !

• Smoky
    Smoky

I dont consider myself a Atheist, more of a agnostic. But I got hit with a troubling fact, that kind of shaked my thoughts about evolution, and the origins of our Universe. I was watching a great program on the Science Channel "Wonders of the Solar System": Episode: Empire of the Sun hosted by physicist Brian Cox. It was basically talking about our Sun in relation to every planet in our solar system. He mentioned that the Earth and its Moon are in perfect distance for the Sun to create a total Eclipse of the sun.

It got me questioning: Could it be meer chance that the sun, moon and earth are perfectly placed for this to happen?

Im not even taking in account the other facts that make the Earth unique (eg...Electro-magnetic field).

It boggoles my mind. Im not sure what to think now.

Anyone have a answers?

Smoky

Smok'em if you Got'em

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

It's not the perfect distance all the time. During an annular eclipse the disc of the moon is smaller than the disc of the sun. Also the moon is slowly moving away from the earth so in (geologic) time this will happen all the time.

• Smoky
    Smoky

Thanks SL, I understand the Expansion of the universe, but could it is a coincidence that the distance between moon and sun are in a relatively good place for a total eclipse to occur in the time where life is around to witness it.

I still not 100%, on this yet. I have to do more research.

thanks

Smoky

Smok'em if you Got'em

• Smoky
    Smoky

Hey that was my 100 post. whoop! whoop!

Cool, it only took me 6 years.

Smoky

Smok'em if you Got'em

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

I understand the Expansion of the universe, but could it is a coincidence that the distance between moon and sun are in a relatively good place for a total eclipse to occur in the time where life is around to witness it.

Before there was a moon this wasn't true. And realtively speaking....millions of years ago this wasn't true. Also, the argument from ignorance (not suggesting you are ignorant, just that we can't say for sure) that this is the only planet/star with those conditions is is invalid.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

If you want to know what happened to the neanderhalls, read "Slave Species of God" by Michael Tillinger.

• oldlightnewshite
    oldlightnewshite

I thought this might be of interest to the thread. The almighty Richard Dawkins shows us just how intelligent Jehovah's designs are. A Giraffe's Laryngeal nerve travels half-way to China and back, when it only needed to go a coupl'a inches.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cH2bkZfHw4&p=82C5C7D54CAC9734&playnext=1&index=7

• Farkel
    Farkel

Vestigal organs. "Junk" DNA. Now useless withered leg appendages on whales. Blind fish with eye sockets. Nipples on men. "Tail" bones on humans. The list is nearly endless.

Those items are scientific FACTS.

I challenge any "intelligent design" believer to explain those things in context with their belief.

Farkel

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

BTS -- Please return and provide an update.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit