The EVOLUTION thread!

by BurnTheShips 87 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

bohm,

Not all Christians deny evolution. There are many who believe it. Just so we don't over-generalize here.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Sooner,

There are many Christians who believe similar to Francis Collins.

Dr. Collins believes that the Intelligent Designer started the Big Bang, and then at some point in time, caused life to originate out of non-life, and then He started the biological process of evolution -- and badabing -- here we are today discussing it.

• bohm
    bohm

Undisfellowshipped: creationists, as i use it here, mean anyone who dont buy the common evolutionary history of life on earth and belive in talking animals. I believe that include fractions of judaism, islam and christianity. Are you sure i said all christians deny evolution?

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

bohm,

You are correct, you said "creationists" not "Christians." I was just trying to make a distinction because those Christians who believe in evolution could also be considered "creationists" because they believe that the Creator created the physical Universe at the Big Bang, while they do NOT believe in the Young Earth belief or the literal 24-hour days of Genesis.

• bohm
    bohm

Undisfellowshipped: I would not consider such a person a creationist. In my oppinion, creationism is when you insist you know God so well you can tell he is a helpless chap with poor communication skills who wrote a second-grade science book only you can understand.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Viruses are proof of evolution in action. Or does God create a new flu virus each year to confuse the flu vaccine makers?

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Why yes, he does AG. He is blinding the minds of the unbelievers because they have wicked hearts. The fact that many believers die each year from the flu is irrelevant! They are martyrs to God's great point, and greater ego.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Burn, I really don't know how anyone can deny the fossil evidence for evolution. Well, the JDubs deny it, but thinking people can't possibly ignore all of the evidence.

Besides, I don't really care. If evolution is God's plan for creation, fine with me.

What I want to know is what really happened to the Neanderthals. For a long time, scientists said they were assimilated by the Cro-Magnons but now there is a dispute about that. My last PO looked exactly like a Neanderthal. Sadly, so did one of his daughters, sweet girl but oh, that forehead.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I'll come back to this thread when I get a chance....BTS

• unshackled
    unshackled

There should be no debate on whether evolution is true or not. It is a fact. Of course, creationists who take the bible literally are desperate to dispute it to hang on to their church/business. Interestingly, they like to attack the fossil record but evolution stands as fact even without the fossils. The fossils are just icing on the evolution cake.

The debatable, and currently unknowable, topic is the first cause or origin of life for the evolution process. Once the evolution process began there is no evidence of "design". In fact, the human body is rather a mess. Check out the path of the laryngeal nerve...no logic or intelligent design there. When observed in the giraffe it is clearly an absurd detour - but concrete evidence of evolution.

So...the real question is: was the evolution process set in motion by an intelligent entity? If so, the only option certainly isn't what we humans have come to consider to be God. Personally, I don't like the word 'god' because it has been hijacked by the god of the bible. And we all know the bible is man-made. A "god" could just as likely be an advanced alien species that is running the human experiment here on earth. With the universe being some 13.5 billion years old (and earth 4.5 billion) all it would take is an alien species having a few million years advance evolution on us humans to be far more advanced than us.

But you can't jump to any of these "creation" conclusions because they have zero supportive evidence. Point is, sure you can have 'faith' in a god, but having 'faith' in an alien species is also equally probable (or equally unlikely if you will). Hence we have atheists. We humans don't know. Couldn't possibly know. And it is just fine to refuse to sign up to one of the thousands of belief systems until there is any evidence.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit