Fill In The Blank: Jehovah's Witnesses Are The ------------- People On Earth!

by minimus 101 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover
    Jehavah'switnesses are the most misled people on Earth.
    (Does that meet the Bro.Dan seal of approval?)

Maybe...

but it doesn't win "undercover's spelling bee award"

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

And Outlaw,

Bitter bitter bitter. Why are you so angry? Where did I judge anyone that disagrees with me?

Aren't you judging me for judging you? We can go around in circles by accusing each other.

Also, how have I shown an inability to speak truthfully on a subject? What lie or untruth have I told? Maybe comparing stereotyping an entire group to racism was a stretch, but stereotyping is what it is. It's not a lie.

• minimus
    minimus

The Divine Name could be spelled like that.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

If I said "People that claim to be Christian sexually molest kids", that is a stereotype......BrotherDan

Actually.....That would be the Truth..

Rather than trying to peddle bullshit..

Maybe you need to take a sociology class or read a book on stereotyping. I can recommend some good ones. It really is a facinating subject.....BrotherDan

Just speak truthfully..

....................OUTLAW

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Wobble, Jesus existed before he was a human. So yes, he was the originator of love. God IS love. But I digress as well.

I think I've said all I need to on this post. Sorry for stepping on some toes. I just believe in love over hate. And even if that "hate" comes in the form of stereotyping people (the majority of which you've never met), I'm against it. Why is love not hate something to argue about? Shouldn't that be all of our foundations?

If I see hate going on, yes I will encourage love. So sorry, finally-free. The value of love is not something to personally hold and not share with others. It's something that AS HUMANS we all should strive to exercise more of.

• bohm
    bohm

Brotherdan: For the sake of science, lets remove all the "somes" in your statement. Then it read:

Did I say I was better than non-christians, Outlaw? I said nothing about myself. I just brought up the fact that non-christians don't have the same values as christians do. non-christians don't feel the need to live by the golden rule to "Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you."

its a stereotype christians follow the golden rule, and the rest of us dont. You soften your stereotype of up by inserting somes and qualifiers, but if you think the golden rule is equally implemented by christians and atheists, what is your point then? You got a personal bias when it comes to christian, atheists and the golden rule, and it clash with your statement that you are 100% against all generalizations.

Your talk about generalizations and stereotypes is a red herring. Its not a stereotype that Jews molest children but i still think it would sit bad with you if i said:

"Im just bringing up the FACT jews dont have the same values as christians. Sometimes, certain jews molest children".

But thats fundamentally the structure of your statement: A FACT that there is different values, followed by a derogatory statement applied to SOME of the group you dont belong to.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I'm trying to peddle bullshit by encouraging someone to study up on one of the social sciences? Are you really that thick Outlaw? Peddling bullshit?!? It's clear you don't understand basic principles of sociology and the concept of sterotyping. If you have something intelligent to say that is contrary to what I say, say it. Maybe I'm wrong and stereotyping should be ok. But use some intelligence. Your spouting off hateful insults does not reinforce your point at all.

• minimus
    minimus

You know, not all stereotypes are wrong. Is it wrong to label a person negatively if they go into a school dressed in extremely baggy pants, hooded jacket with "colors" that are gang related?

Most schools refuse entry to individuals dressed in this way. Is that type of stereotyping a bad thing?

• Scully
    Scully

Brotherdan writes:

When a bully is calling a weaker kid names, and someone sticks up for the little weak kid, is that person just being judgemental.

When individuals start rumours that cause a congregation to start referring to someone who is suffering from severe depression as Demonized™, starts avoiding them and their family, and accuses them of being Bad Association™, a "negative influence", and tells them things like "Don't tell the shrink that you're a Witness or he'll think we're all crazy", "Go get your own damned Bible Studies™" and "If you're going to turn your back on The Truth™, you might as well take your three beautiful children out in the back yard and blow their heads off with a gun", that's unloving, being judgemental and bullying.

No one, not a single ONE of them, not even my own relatives, stuck up for me when I was going through all that bull$h!t in my congregation... and they expect me to identify THEM as Jesus' true disciples?? WTF?

I will NEVER forgive them for throwing me under the bus like that. NEVER.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Am I talking to some 12 year olds here? Seriously bohm. Do you know why we have a need for qualifiers like "sometimes" or "occasionally"?

Is it true that some non-christians hold values that are different from some christians? Yes it is. Is it true that some christians molest kids? Yes. Do ALL non-christians not practice the golden rule? Of course not. There are some AMAZING non-christians. Do ALL christians molest kids? Of course not.

Dude, you really need to stop. You don't have an argument here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit