Fill In The Blank: Jehovah's Witnesses Are The ------------- People On Earth!

by minimus 101 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Brotherdan, you are so judgmental.

• undercover
    undercover

You've got a point... to a point, BroDan...

But comparing zealots of a religous cult to a race of people is a bit of a stretch.

Having said that, I do agree that we (ex-members) tend to lump all JWs in to this one stereotypical bag of stupidity and that's not always fair. But having been there and done that, we see exactly how a lot, (not all) of JWs act/react and realize that for all their bragging and feeling superior to others (again generally speaking) they're really not anything to get excited about. In fact their claims and actions sets them up for ridicule, especially from the ex crowd that quite frankly is embarrassed to ever be associated with such a wacked out group of people.

I personally try not to speak ill of individual JWs (though I sometimes fall short, I admit) because I know that most are just victims of a cult, just like we were. Any angst, bitterness or anger should be directed at the leadership of the group, not the rank and file that, for the most part, are just trying to be good Christians, though they don't even realize they're no where close to it.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Are people that speak out against white supremecy judgmental too? When a bully is calling a weaker kid names, and someone sticks up for the little weak kid, is that person just being judgemental. Seriously, listen to yourselves. It's not cool what you are doing. Even if you call it "poking fun", you are in effect preaching hate towards individuals and not the system that they are trapped under.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Thanks undercover. I totally agree with you.

• wobble
    wobble

Brotherdan,

When I say that the believing ones are feeble-minded I am not name-calling, I am stating a fact, just the same as if I called somebody Autistic who was somewhere on the spectrum and had been diagnosed.

The believing JW is suffering from a mental condition, caused we know by the WT's methods, but even so, it leaves them without the ability to reason properly,as one with a healthy mind is able to do, hence feeble-minded.

O.K ?

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    Go head with your name calling and making yourselves feel better about your life.

I agree whole-heartedly. If people venting about a religion that has had such negative consequences on their lives makes them feel better, than they should go ahead and do it.

Ok, so is it ok to "poke fun" at other races?

Talk about a red herring argument. JWs aren't a race, they're a religion. They aren't defined by physical characteristics, but by doctrine and practices. In other words, whether or not you are a JW is based on how you act, not look.

• undercover
    undercover

Let's take the original fill-in the blank question: JWs are the ______________ people on earth

Ask JWs that and what do you think will be far and away the most common answer? HAPPY! We're the happiest people... Which is them stereotyping themselves with no regard, or knowledge of anyone outside their elite little group.

So what's the difference in filling in the blank from our own personal perspective?

Part of it is maybe you're just not used to minimus. His questions aren't meant to belittle or judge... His questions are usually (not always) meant to get people thinking. Instead of an epistle about an epiphany he had, he'll sum it all up in one little question that prompts all of us to go, "Ya know... that is something to think about..."

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I guess I do forget that I'm dealing with non-Christians on here sometimes......BrotherDan

And..

Your just so much better than us non Christians?..

Thats very unChristian of you..

Jesus is going to poke you in the eye..

.....................OUTLAW

• clarity
    clarity

DEFENSIVE .... just one word that doesn't sound like the 'borg' and it's BANG! So fast!

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Kyser, it really doesn't seem like a red herring to me. I'm talking about stereotyping a group of people. And not just normal people, but victims of a cult.

Also, wobble, your argument is not valid. Calling someone feeble minded is a nicer way to say that they are stupid. What if I said, "All people that come from the east coast are feeble minded", would that not be taken as name calling.

I'm done defending the position here. I just think this is a sad that you guys are ok with calling INDIVIDUALS names. Call the structure and leaders names all you want. They are the ones inflicting the abuse. But we all know that there are some kind, caring, intelligent JWs out there that are trapped because of their unique world view. To call these honest hearted victims names is wrong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit