Fill In The Blank: Jehovah's Witnesses Are The ------------- People On Earth!

by minimus 101 Replies latest jw friends

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

That's not a stereotype minimus. A stereotype is a belief about a specific social group or TYPE of individual. You're confusing the concept of stereotype with the concept of predjudice.

• zoiks
    zoiks

Rats! I was gonna say "truthiest", but I see that the thread has taken a more serious turn.

My bad!

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

That really happened to you Scully?!? That is so sick!

• bohm
    bohm

Brotherdan:

The statements:

I just brought up the fact that non-christians don't have the same values as christians do sometimes. Sometimes certain non-christians don't necessarily feel the need to live by the golden rule to "Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you."

And

I just brought up the fact that Jews don't have the same values as christians do sometimes . Sometimes certain Jews molest children.

Are both equally true: non-christians very often dont follow the golden rule (i dont allways follow it myself), and Jews sometimes molest children.

But they are hardly neutral. The second statement clearly makes it sound like jews often molest children, and the first statement clearly carries the message christians more often follow the golden rule than non-christians. Both reveal bias IMHO.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Where did I judge anyone that disagrees with me?.....BrotherDan

Try reading your own words..

When are you guys going to stop stereotyping and instead show concern for these people? They are the way they are because they are abused victims. There's no need, nor any call for name calling. Isn't that what THEY do? The call people "worldly" or stuck in "Babylon the Great", etc...
    It seems to me that this attitude is one that has been left over from our time within the org.

You have just Judged..We have an attitude left over from the WBT$..

But you guys are sitting around here thinking you are better than other people. Calling them names or even "feeble minded" is a stereotype. The name calling thing is something used by feeble minded people to make themselves feel LESS feeble minded.

You have just Judged..We think we are better than other people..

I
    guess I do forget that I'm dealing with non-Christians on here sometimes. Go head with your name calling and making yourselves feel better about your life

You have just Judged..Non Chistians..

If I am taught to treat other people in a kind fashion, and you are taught to treat someone unkind, are my values higher than yours? Yes.

You have just Judged..My values..

Do you think no one notices Bullshit..If you Wrap it up Nice and put a Ribbon on it?..

.....................OUTLAW

• minimus
    minimus

Dan, it IS a stereotype if I infer that hooded men with extremely baggy pants that wear red are a danger. Yet most schools say we don't want you coming to school looking like a "gang member."

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Ok, touche'. Outlaw, due to your posts on this thread and others that I have read in the past, you seem to me to be an immature, unloving, haughty, douche. How's that for judging. And I'm judging you personally, not a group of people. If you want me to judge, I'll judge. But only specific people (i.e. you, Outlaw)

Stand up against name calling and this is what you get? You're pathetic, Outlaw.

Judgement via - Brotherdan

• minimus
    minimus

"Douche"? Sounds so harsh.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

That's not the harshest thing I've wanted to say to Outlaw after reading some of his posts. There's the golden rule for you. If I was acting like such a douche, I would hope someone else would tell me.

Ok...so I'm probably going to get a lot of "You're a douche, brotherdan" because of this post...

• minimus
    minimus

Please don't call Outlaw a "poopoo head". That'll get him grouchy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit