Fill In The Blank: Jehovah's Witnesses Are The ------------- People On Earth!

by minimus 101 Replies latest jw friends

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Did I say I was better than non-christians, Outlaw? I said nothing about myself. I just brought up the fact that non-christians don't have the same values as christians do sometimes. Sometimes certain non-christians don't necessarily feel the need to live by the golden rule to "Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you."

Don't put words in my mouth.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Also, minimus, are you judging me for be judgemental? Nice

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    Are people that speak out against white supremecy judgmental too?

No. People who speak out against a group that displays certain behavior aren't judgmental. Attributing certain behavior to individuals simply for the way they look is being judgmental. Do you see the difference?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

BrotherDan..

I just brought up the fact that non-christians don't have the same values as christians do sometimes.
    Sometimes certain non-christians don't necessarily feel the need to live by the golden rule to "Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you."

As a Christian..

Are your values better than mine?..

..........................OUTLAW

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

So if I was to speak out against Atheists and call the individuals names, that would be ok? Atheists are the most unintelligent people on earth. According to you, that would be justifyable? Listen to yourself Kyser. You're making no sense. Stereotyping is attributing a specific traight to the individuals of an entire group. You say that it is ok to judge individuals based on their religion. Is that any different than what the Nazis did to the Jewish religion? The Jews are still known by name callers as money hungry, big nosed, bankers. Is it ok to call them that? I'm speaking about the religion of Jews and not necessarily their race.

How bout if a company was busted for corruption. Would it be ok to say "All Lehman brothers employees are the most feeble minded, sexually repressed, judgemental people on earth"?

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Outlaw,

If I am taught to treat other people in a kind fashion, and you are taught to treat someone unkind, are my values higher than yours? Yes. Your philosophy falls apart when you think about it. There are things that are right and things that are wrong. Murder is wrong. Love is right. Love is better than murder. Seriously, your twisty unreasoning philosophy is silly. The value of love is higher than the value of hate. It's called in the bible "the law of the heart". Certain values are present in all of us from the time of birth.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    Is that any different than what the Nazis did to the Jewish religion?

Aren't you stereotyping Nazis?

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Touche' Kyser.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

By this example I was talking about the Nazi party and it's leadership. Not all the german people. But I see where you are coming from. I'm just 100% against stereotypes. But if you think it's ok, go for it. I just thought the name calling on this post tended to be directed at individuals instead of the authority structure.

• minimus
    minimus

Outlaw, what Brotherdan is trying to say is that he knows he's better than you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit