Fill In The Blank: Jehovah's Witnesses Are The ------------- People On Earth!

by minimus 101 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

btw, Undercover, thank you for that response.

• bohm
    bohm

brotherdan: page 2 and you bring the nazis into the argument...

Let me ask you straight out: Do you think christians generally follow the golden rule more than atheists or non-christian theists?

(interesting question aside: Does God follow the golden rule?)

• wobble
    wobble

Dear Brotherdan,

you have done the JW thing and used a false analogy, not all people from the east coast are stupid, but by being a JW , and actually believing it, your mind evidently does not have the wherewithal to see the problems with the religion for what they are.

I attach no blame for this to the individual JW's, I was one for 58 years, and obviously fitted the above profile.

I use the expression feeble-minded not in a derogatory way, but as a diagnosis of the problem, as soon as the mind is strengthened by education of some sort as to the truth about the "Troof" one receives the ability to free your own mind from its feeble state.

It is similar to recovery from a number of mental states, even the state of being an ignorant bigot say, which again education can often combat.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Minimus,

I didn't say I was better than anyone. We're talking values here. The value of love is higher than the value of hate. If you want controversy, I'll give it to you.

Jesus is better than you, Minimus. He's better than outlaw. He's better than me and all of you. So when He teaches people to have love for each other, that is the best policy to live by.

Funny, some people will give people like John Lennon and Bob Marley great respect because of their preaching love. Yet, some of those same poeple will not give the same respect to the originator of this teaching, Jesus Christ.

Ok, so go and redicule me for my Christian spouting, I don't really mind it.

• minimus
    minimus

Dan doesn't like hearing negatives about people(s). Keep those blinders on!

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I don't believe all JWs are sexually-repressed, judgmental and devoid of individuality, brotherdan. I get your point. But these are the type of people the JW religion breeds, or at least attempts to. You aren't a good JW if you aren't those things, just like you aren't a good Nazi if you don't hate Jews. That's why your comparison to racial stereotyping isn't really valid. It's the difference between judging people on the way you falsely believe them to act because of the way they look(hence, stereotyping), and judging them on the way they really do act.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

BrotherDan..

You come on this thread telling others not to judge..

And..

You judge anyone who does not agree with you..

Your a Hypocrite..

No one taught me to be unkind to Assh*les..I figured that out all by myself..LOL!!..

Your inability to speak truthfully on a subject because it may offend someone..Does not make you a good person.

It makes you weak and a liability to those around you..

.........................OUTLAW

• undercover
    undercover

Funny thing about stereotypes.

It's not acceptable to a lot of people to stereotype but yet stereotypes exist for a reason.

Like it or not, there are enough people of what ever stereotyped group you're talking about that act/look/believe/etc just like the stereotype suggests. No, not everyone, not even the majority, but enough that people notice a trend of whatever it is.

Take the website PeopleofWalmart.com There's a general stereotype that people who shop at WalMart are, well, special. Proof of it is loaded up on the Internet for all to see. Now, not everyone who shops at WalMart is special andn will never have their photo show up there, but enough people fit the image that the site continues to load photo after photo of people who fit the stereotype.

Some stereotypes are funny. Some are cruel. edited to add: Some are exaggerated. And some are used by hate mongers to continue to have a reason to hate.

It's all about the intent and content.

• bohm
    bohm

Brotherdan said:

Did I say I was better than non-christians, Outlaw? I said nothing about myself. I just brought up the fact that non-christians don't have the same values as christians do sometimes. Sometimes certain non-christians don't necessarily feel the need to live by the golden rule to "Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you."

later:

I'm just 100% against stereotypes.

woop-de-woop. let me paraphrase and make an equally valid statement:

I want, as an atheist, to bring up the FACT that christians dont have the same values us atheist have sometimes. Sometimes christians are psychopatic retards who hear voices and have sex with kids while they do drugs and dont live by the golden rule. Im just bringing up this fact.

btw, im 100% against stereotypes.

Can you see how you are stereotyping, even though you wrap it into words like "some", "sometimes", etc.?

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I don't mind negative thoughts about specific people. Just not an overall group. I have negative thoughts about you Minimus. :-) No blinders there.

Wobble, you can call my analogies false, and maybe they weren't the best ones. But my point has mainly been about stereotyping in general. That's all.

Bohm, I'm not stereotyping atheists at all. Read my posts. I'm saying that it is NOT ok to stereotype them. There are MANY wonderful atheists that I care about, and we are able to disagree with respect for one another. But by calling VICTIMS names, that is not following the golden rule and seems to me to be counter productive. It's not encouraging others to help them to see where they are mislead. It tends to cause others to feel superior. It tends to cause others to develope even more negative feelings towards the group.

All of you know that I am 100% against the WT society. But I also know that the people that believe it have been fooled. This doesn't make them any less intelligent than any of us that believe something that is eventually proven false. Instead of calling them names, let's focus more on what we can do to help them to see where they are wrong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit