Why didn't we ever study "Mankind's Search For God"?

by gubberningbody 115 Replies latest jw friends

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

agonus thanks for prevailing as a cooler gentler head

• Desilusionnee
    Desilusionnee

We never studied this book in France and I can understand why. A sister told me that after reading this book her ex-husband told her he had found the truth. I think it was an East Asian religion!!!!(can't remember which one it was).

Desi

• Hadit
    Hadit

This thread is funny - I needed a laugh - thanks guys! Gotta love those fuzzy bums and idiots stuck in boxes.

I didn't study it and our elders never could pick what was to be studied. It was always laid out.

I should have studied it - maybe I would have been out much sooner!

• Desilusionnee
    Desilusionnee

...yes I can remember now, this man came to the conclusion that buddhism must be the true religion after reading "our" book!!!lol

Desi

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

No one studied this in any congregation sanction/organized setting.

Anyone who was ever really a JW knows that EVERY book EVER studied has the schedule printed up in the KM.

What a bunch of "tards!

"tard - "I KNOW we studied it because I talked to someone just as bane damaged, drain bammaged as me, and they agree with me."

• anewme
    anewme

Mankind's Search For God was studied at the book study level. However it was not studied the same way as the other books. It was mainly read with minimal discussion to clarify the paragraphs. It was an odd few weeks during a summer. I remember it clearly for it was in our home. I remember it because it was also very interesting. But it was blown through rather quickly. And if you were on vacation that summer or missed any of the Book Studies, you could have missed this brief study.

Anewme

• Titus
    Titus

WACO, if you don't send me 5$, I also think that we DID NOT STUDY IT!

• cantleave
    cantleave

All this proves to me is that all those f*9K1n9 meetings I attended were indeed a waste of my life!

• sir82
    sir82
    I specifically remember going over questions related to Diocletian (sp?) and other emperors who persecuted the early Christians! Or am I thinking of a different book? Somebody help me, now I'm really losing it!

You're probably thinking of the Theocratic Ministry School.

Remember back in the old days? The "instruction talk" was supposed to be 10-12 minutes, followed by 3-5 minutes of Q & A.

This book provided material for the instruction talks in the early 90's. You probably remember questions from the "talk no. 1" speaker in the Ministry School.

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

Nope, Anewme, you're wrong.

I conducted, as I said from 1985-2009. I never took a vacation. It was NEVER, NEVER, NEVER studied by ANYONE, ANYWHERE.

Here's something you need to read:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit