Why didn't we ever study "Mankind's Search For God"?

by gubberningbody 115 Replies latest jw friends

• stapler99
    stapler99

Old thread, I know.

agnonus, you may never see this, but you may have been remembering the Daniel book. For example, see p233 and p248.

• deep-blue-sea
    deep-blue-sea

We liked that book, read for ourselves but NEVER studied at the weekly books study in Switzerland.

Regards, Claudia

• cult classic
    cult classic

I want everyone to agree that we NEVER studied that in the bookstudy... lol

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I always wodered this too. It was one of my favorite books and I thought quite educational. The ""official"" reason given to me by two prominent elders and one CO is " The United States Secret Service studies TRUE CURRENCY and not fake dollar currency to recognize what are true dollar bills. It is the same with the truth. We do not need to study false religion to identify true religion" that is why the book was never studied.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

It was likely studied, but some people here are suffering from the "we never said that" syndrome that afflicts some witnesses.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/677/1/1975-recording-Stay-Alive-til-75

• mamalove
    mamalove

This is the funniest thread ever! I do not think we studied it. But I remember looking at all of the symbols and liking the ying/yang and thinking how cool that looked at the time. I think it was trendy for some reason on clothing or something.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit