Why didn't we ever study "Mankind's Search For God"?

by gubberningbody 115 Replies latest jw friends

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

We did study this book, during one of those rare interim periods between studying the crazy Revelation book. I am thinking that the book to study may have been up to the local elder body.

I remember this because I was in HS, and was in AP Humanities and was already exposed to some world religions. I had an interest in buddhism and taoism even then, and when the book had chapters on those I knew that what the WT had written was srong. -"Why?" that didn't free my mind I don't know. i commented at the bookstudy about Taoism and clarified a couple things and was told by the elder after the study to stick with the publication and not add from external sources. That book bothered me then, now its disgustingly laughable.

I graduated in '92, and I think we studied this in '91, but could have been up to '94.

• TastingFreedom
    TastingFreedom

They didn't want the Blind dubs to explore other religions, since they may realize JWs are the "false religion" or simply full of B.S like the rest of the religions!!

• Mary
    Mary
    They didn't want the Blind dubs to explore other religions

Bingo. There are a number of hardcore Dubs that do extensive research before every freaking meeting. If you get Brother or Sister Zealous who decided to in look into another religion so they could prove them wrong, they might just find themselves in the same situation that Ray Franz found himself when he started investigating the validity of 607 BCE.

Two things the Borg does not want you to investigate: their own history or another religion. It might start the wheels of "thinking" churning in your head.

• blondie
    blondie

It was never studied. You can track the study material from 1990 to today through the KM and it is never scheduled.

This book was never used in the school either in the #1 talks or as material for the #2, #3, #4. I used to keep asking when we were going to study it at the book study...still waiting.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/186593/1/WTS-publication-Mankinds-Search-for-God

km 6/90 p. 2 Schedule for congregation studies in the book Revelation—Its Grand Climax At Hand!:

km 7/90 p. 3 Congregation Book Study Schedule for congregation studies in the brochure Should You Believe in the Trinity?

km 10/90 p. 7 Congregation Book Study Schedule for congregation studies in the book The Bible—God’s Word or Man’s?:

km 2/91 p. 2 Congregation Book Study Schedule for congregation studies in the brochure How Can Blood Save Your Life?

km 3/91 p. 1 Congregation Book Study Schedule for congregation studies in the book Revelation—Its Grand Climax At Hand!:

km 10/92 p. 2 Congregation Book Study Schedule for congregation studies in the book The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived.

km 11/93 p. 2 Congregation Book Study Schedule for congregation studies in the book Making Your Family Life Happy.

km 5/94 p. 2 Congregation Book Study Schedule for congregation studies in the book Happiness—How to Find It.

km 10/94 p. 2 Congregation Book Study Schedule for congregation studies in the book Revelation—Its Grand Climax At Hand!

km 4/96 p. 2 Congregation Book Study Schedule for congregation studies in the book Knowledge That Leads to Everlasting Life.

km 9/96 p. 2 Congregation Book Study Schedule for congregation studies in the book The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived.

km 10/97 p. 7 Congregation Book Study Schedule For Congregation Studies in the book The Secret Of Family Happiness.

km 5/98 p. 2 Congregation Book Study Schedule for congregation studies in the book The Bible—God’s Word or Man’s?

km 9/98 p. 2 Congregation Book Study Schedule for congregation studies in the brochure What Does God Require of Us?

km 11/98 p. 2 Congregation Book Study Schedule for congregation studies in the brochure What Is the Purpose of Life—How Can You Find It?

km 12/98 p. 2 Congregation Book Study Schedule for congregation studies in the brochure Does God Really Care About Us?

km 2/99 p. 3 Congregation Book Study Schedule for congregation studies in the brochure What Happens to Us When We Die?

km 2/99 p. 3 Announcements Starting the week of March 22, 1999, the book The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived will be considered at the Congregation Book Study.

km 5/01 p. 7 Announcements Beginning the week of July 30, 2001, we will study Isaiah’s Prophecy—Light for All Mankind I in the Congregation Book Study.

km 7/02 p. 3 Announcements Beginning the week of September 16, 2002, we will study Isaiah’s Prophecy—Light for All Mankind II in the Congregation Book Study.

km 8/03 p. 7 Announcements Beginning the week of October 20, 2003, we will study Worship the Only True God in the Congregation Book Study.

km 11/04 p. 3 Announcements Beginning the week of May 23, 2005, we will study Keep on the Watch! at the Congregation Book Study.

km 12/04 p. 7 Announcements Beginning the week of June 27, 2005, we will study Pay Attention to Daniel’s Prophecy! at the Congregation Book Study.

km 2/06 p. 6 par. 1 Enjoy Our Study of What Does the Bible Really Teach? What Does the Bible Really Teach? We will soon be using it extensively in our field ministry, especially when we conduct home Bible studies. Therefore, we need to become well acquainted with this new publication. That will be possible because we will be studying it at the Congregation Book Study beginning the week of April 17, 2006.

km 9/06 p. 7 Announcements The September Our Kingdom Ministry insert, pages 3-6, lists a number of adjustments for each one to make in his personal copy of the Revelation Climax book. This should be done in preparation for the Congregation Book Study starting the week of January 8, 2007.

km 1/08 p. 7 Announcements Beginning the week of August 4, 2008, we will study Live With Jehovah’s Day in Mind at the Congregation Book Study.

km 11/08 p. 3 Announcements Beginning the week of February 23, 2009, we will study “Keep Yourselves in God’s Love” at the Congregation Bible Study.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

It was studied .. I was a book study underseer.

• blondie
    blondie

Then WAC please find where it was scheduled to be studied in the KM............perhaps you are confusing it with the Greatest Man book. I am an oooooooooooold jw so I was an adult in 1990, and it was never studied in the US. Perhaps California was on a different schedule like Canada and the UK.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

We did our own thing ;-)

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

I'm from Canada and it was never studied while I was in. I was waiting for it too because I really like that book. I wouldn't be surprised if people simply read it many years ago and just assumed it was studied, forgetting where they actually read it (in their own home study).

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

How many times have we had this discussion? It was not studied at the book study.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

It was studied 3.4x's

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit