Why didn't we ever study "Mankind's Search For God"?

by gubberningbody 115 Replies latest jw friends

• cult classic
    cult classic

WAC - pls post the km month/yr. or scan it. Thanks

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

No! Take my word for it.

• just n from bethel
    just n from bethel

WAC won't post it because a secret government agency is watching him - he knows he'd be in trouble. So we'll just have to trust him.

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

It was never studied.

Sorry WAC.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

It was studied ... I was a book study overseer and Bethelite ... if i say it was, it was!!!!

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

I was an elder, BSO and 36 in 1990 when it was released. It was never studied, how do I know this? In June to celebrate my "inactivity" I purged my personal library. I kept every book I had ever studied - including my original Revelation, Grand Climax!, with adjustments and extensve marginal notes, which was typical of my study approach. The MSFG book lacked any such notations. I too was always confused as to why this book was not studied.

I do recall the occasional times it was to be the offer for the month and I would take a fair amount of time to review at the FS arrangement including asking questions that were in the book, discussions about various religions we might encounter in or territory and such. I suspect that this might be the reason that some think it was studied at the Book Study level.

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

WAC is whacked. I have all the KMs, as well as every copy of the previous "Our Kingdom Service" AND all the Informants as well.

We never studied it ever. Not BEFORE it was released OR AFTER it was released.

NEVER.

• munchausen
    munchausen

I seldom post, but here goes.

I do not recall studying the Mankind Search book, but then my appetite for the book study was permanently killed by the insanity of the Revelation Climax book.

It is my theory that the Search book was printed for one reason only - a legal reason. Background: For a 'school' to qualify as a seminary, and for its graduates to be accepted as missionaries, at least in some countries, the school curriculum must include study of all world religions. I think it likely that the Search book was written so that they could document that their schools (ie Gilead and the MS schools) include that material and they could point to the book in their library in support.

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

Munchausen: Extremely plausible reason - there has to be one as to why this was avoided at the BS & TMS level.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

haha. This has been a funny thread.

Munch makes an interesting point. That could be the ticket.

Munch makes another great point when he/she refers to the "insanity" of the Revelation book. That sure was one crazy book.

The Oracle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit